Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rig of the month anyone?

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if there was a rig of the month write up thread, kinda like the "Rig of the Fortnight" thing on mud. Except this one wouldn't be series specific.

I know there are quite a few vehicles on here i'd like to know about in more detail. It would also be great to know what others have done, whats worked, what hasn't etc...

Just an idea.

Any takers?

Not a bad idea - I nominate you for this months write up ;)

hmmm... haven't done too much to my cruiser...yet, but i'd be happy to if it gets the ball rolling...

We could ask Jon to start the ball rolling but it'd take him a month or two to get all his mods written down!!! :lol:

Plus it would set the bar a bit high...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How much detail do you think people should go into?

I posted "Evolution of my 40" in the 40 section and it didn't take too long to put together but a couple of members have asked my to go into more detail, especially about the tailgate, and that does take time - not finished yet.
If the posting was an overview type, then, if members want further detail they could ask the poster to expand particular areas.

Regards

only 2 years into an 8 year project gav ;)

Rodger, I would have said quite a bit of detail of mods done but if the mods themselves need lots of detail then pop them in a seperate thread in the appropriate forum and link to them from your RoM thread?

Might be nice to start with some low to medium mod trucks so it doesn't put people off having a go?

Rodger said:
How much detail do you think people should go into?

As much as you want to write. Some will probably gloss over but I suspect most (I would!) read it all and drool.

Maybe something along these lines:

1. Description of how your cruiser was when you bought it. Couple of pics.
2. What mods you have done to date - protection/ suspension/ engine/ interior/ overland /offroad etc...
3. Favourite Mod and mod you probably wouldn't do again, if any.
4. What you found worked/didn't work and why?
5. Future plans?
6. Pics of your cruiser in its natural habitat.

Any suggestions to add or remove from above welcome.

Ryan Thomson said:
Your sig line looks pretty interesting... ;)
I'd have a play ;) I've been meaning to pop up a My Garage thread since suggesting the idea :oops:

Jon Wildsmith said:
only 2 years into an 8 year project gav ;)
Hesos Christos JW - can't wait to see the rig in 8 years!!! :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Might be nice to start with some low to medium mod trucks so it doesn't put people off having a go?
That sounds reasonable - good call on linking the threads together too...

I've read a few of the ROTW posts on IH8MUD & folk could go have a look at a few there to get into the swing of things...

Ryan Thomson said:
Which section should the "Rig of the month" be posted in?
Start a new thread in the lounge might be best.
Chas

Bl**dy great idea I reckon. It'd be interesting and useful to read about other people's mods and I quite like the idea of writing up mine once they're finished....

Sounds good to me.

Gav are you going to kick things off? If you don't want i don't mind having a go, besides mine wouldn't take too long anyway, i have pulled more off than i have put on ;)

I can give it a punt if you like; why dee heck not ;)

Might be good for them all to be grouped in a seperate section in the Club House though? Will be a bit like the garage... But slightly different...

Whaddayah think Cris? Room for another room in the Club House?

I've just written up a brief history of my 80, will post when I've got some suitable pics to add.
Chas

Post in Lounge for now, I'll move it into a new section tonight.

Might it be better to do a fortnightly one? A month is quite drawn out? 2 weeks is about as long as a thread will last with people "talking about it" Don't mind monthly either.

So, who's first then? :clap: Chas - you already written yours? (Including the nail biting rush towards the wall? )

Back