Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

getting a bit worried about Calais with people try to get into trailers

Portable stereo playing a recording of couple of rottweilers having a go at each other in the trailer should deter them :lol:

u just gave me an idea i will put my work boots and a pair of one day old sock in the trailer that will work :icon-biggrin:

:lol: careful now you might end up charged with criminal injury :lol:

days

hours

minutes

seconds

On that theme Chas, as time is getting shorter before the big "event" I need some help to enable booking the most necessary dates as leave.

Do any of you coming on this trip have an idea of when you may arrive at my place? I want to be there when you do, but time constraints in work are such that I can't waste any time to leave when I don't need to.

I'm guessing it may be the evening of Tuesday 18th August, although if you want to do more exploring on your way across Romania, you may not arrive till Wednesday or later. Do you have any sort of plan yet?

Just askin', I have a 5 day court hearing starting on 31 August in Istanbul to prepare for, but you'll all be long gone by then I presume...

It would be nice to be able to map it out a bit, ASAP.

Cheers guys...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We will be catching an early ferry on the 15th so that gives us four days travel 'til the 18th, I don't know yet what plans there are for exploring on our way.
I have an open ferry booking for the 29th so I expect we will be leaving round about the 25/26th.

Court hearing? they've finally caught up with you eh!

We will be catching an early ferry on the 15th so that gives us four days travel 'til the 18th, I don't know yet what plans there are for exploring on our way. I have an open ferry booking for the 29th so I expect we will be leaving round about the 25/26th. Court hearing? they've finally caught up with you eh!

Thanks Chas, and yes, I suppose it was only a matter of time :lol:

well just finish testing the trailer on the motorway at 60 mph and all is good

so the trailer is done now to check the Landrover over and get the spares and i am ready

How does 316 miles full tank to fuel light coming on figure into your travel plans RR ?
Helen needed the truck tonight so I topped up at 330 miles though i'm sure i could have managed another 20 without panic . This was mostly motorway miles with a half hour crawling pace traffic jam , 80mph seems the Sunday evening norm and of course i had to go with the flow .

So glad that's what you get to the tank Shayne,I get about 300 to the tank with it been an auto and it's just hills round here,but they is a couple of discoverys round here and they say it's shit as they get easy 400+,but like I say to them yeh but I don't have to fix mine to get back :laughing-rolling:

disco 1 does about 400+ miles on a fuel tank but normally will top up at 350 miles

Hi All, back on the net. If the travel plans are still current and you decide to do some touring on route as questioned by Chas, let know me as it could influence whether I meet up with you in Frankfurt (remember there are two Frankfurt's in Germany but i'm sure you mean the biggest not Frankfurt an der Oder) or Vienna.
Vienna would give me time to call at Salzburg and visit my old friend Amadeus. Definitely using the 150 series, the Disco is running well and would get me there but may not get me back!!!!

well 1st job we had to rebuild the n/s swivel housing, found a couple of bolts had been round but we got them sorted out

Now no leaks

Next job one of the steering pipes has been rubbing on a bolt so need to replace that next

Yeah, I'm still finding things to do but there's masses of time still.

I'm being squeezed in respect of leave.

Sod's law places this visit at the worst possible time for me.

I've had to postpone the 1 week holiday we'd planned in July to take the kid to the beach because of a string of deadlines I've got to the end of July. That means moving the beach week into August.

So I now have to fit 2 separate weeks holiday into August, which is a worse nightmare than desperately hanging on to the week I had planned to take with you guys.

It's still on though, hanging by a thread, Adjudication Court Hearings have eaten into the end of August, but that has stopped at 29 August when I have to leave for Istanbul, meaning so far, so good.

I'm now planning to fix my leave from 19 to 26 August which I think should fit with your ETA and ETD.

Please let me know if I should adjust this if you plan to arrive earlier than the evening of the 18th or depart later than the evening of the 26th.

Otherwise.... BRING IT ON BOYS !!! :dance:

I think we could maybe alter our itinerary, apart from ferry times, to suit you Clive, fingers crossed

Back