Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

I would love to do it next year (I may have already said this) but Lynn isn't struck on camping, the AO show at Stratford kind of put paid to that.

I need a 'little house on the prairie' with annexe for a complete heated bathroom I think! Or a Tentipee for £50 and that ain't gonna happen!!

You could always plan a B&B route here and back Rich, because while with us you'd have your own en-suite room.

(now I'm really committed to finishing the 4 extra rooms in the extension, aren't I?)

Its rear wheels were buried up to the axle Rich I reckon Clive's 80 might be a couple of inches longer following that heroic episode :lol:

I am sure Lynn would be fine on the Romania run , the weather was unseasonably crap when we left but it was only rain , Helen was warm enough and we only took the thinnest duvet she could buy . It's all motorway so service station bathroom breaks are like half hour apart and on the way up Chas who was the only one of us with a satnav was able to find any number of campsites along the route all of which have showers , so a tent is just somewhere to sleep on the travelling side of things .

I'll try that on Lynn, Shayne and thanks for the offer Clive, we should really take you up on that since you've been kind enough to offer. [emoji4]

Shame your so far away you could have taken my trailer for a weekend

I'll try that on Lynn, Shayne and thanks for the offer Clive, we should really take you up on that since you've been kind enough to offer. [emoji4]

Well it will be on a "first come" basis Rich, but we'll have 6 double-bed rooms available...

It would be great to have you and Lynn along :thumbup:

Just tried that on Lynn and it was all going well until I mentioned the word 'tent'…

The problem really is night time tiddles and having to 'go' somewhere that's safely pre programmed into Lynn's autopilot, in order for it to happen without incident with most of her still asleep. Then there's nocturnal mutterings and she has been know to sleep walk, once, so a roof tent is a no no. The best option I have come up with so far is kipping in the car but I will need to construct an en suite for the truck for that to be totally successful. I've got some thinking to do!!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Perhaps I could take her to the vets and get her darted for the journey…[emoji11][emoji53]

I'd certainly be pleased to pick Lynn up from the airport, if that's an option.

It's on the way from Bucharest to the house... :icon-biggrin:

Thanks Clive, I'm sure we can work something, perhaps Formula 1s maybe.

You really should take a close look at folding campers Rich mine is very basic compared to most but was chosen because the dimensions fitted with my swb truck , if i drove an 80 i would probably have gone for a coleman one or something similar .

Hi All, Very sorry but I won't be able to make it for this trip :cry:. A woman in a Land Rover Freelander just came across in front of me, she indicated left to pull in to a lay-by so I pulled out right to pass and she turned right to go into the lay-by on the right instead. My OSF hit her OSR causing £7,000.00 of damage to my cruiser. So it is now up to the insurance companies to sort out, I called the police but as there were no injuries they said pretty much the same. I have the Discovery but wouldn't want to do that sort of mileage in it. Gutted is putting it politely. I live in hope of another trip coming up which suits the diary, I was so much looking forward to this but what is is.
I hope you all have a bloody good time, good luck all.:thumbup:

View attachment 20629
Lyn.

Having a browse and just wondering if anyone has heard from Lyn and any progress on repairs to his truck?

Just remembered talking to Lynn at the end of November via pm about maybe doing a few lanes in the new year so i assume he got fixed ? I should have asked really but i had forgotten all about the accident that prevented him from joining us in Romania :oops:

Back