Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Sag is spot on with the metal blocks to lift the axle.
We did that to a trailer we to to Mozambique a few years ago. If you saw where that went shayne you wouldn't worry about you trailer tent.
We were towing with a real landcruiser though........

Just messing you will need fine.
Stu

real Landcruiser :lol: i've got some nice new scars on my truck from chasing a mate around a beach scramble bike course hemmed in by gorse and hairpin turns galore i don't think i could have kept him in sight had i been driving an 80 :icon-wink:

That is an excellent idea Sag :thumbup:

You certainly wouldn't have got an 80 to turn as tight that's for sure. And with a stock 80 at about a tonne heavier and similar power (if not less) compared to your beast Shayne, I'm not going to argue with that. [emoji6]

Last edited:
You certainly wouldn't have got an 80 to turn as tight that's for sure. And with a stock 80 at about a tonne heavier and similar power (if not less) compared to your beast Shayne, I'm not going to argue with that. [emoji6]

:eusa-shhh: don't tell them you drove a 90 :shifty: they will put you in the naughty corner :lol:

Collected my newer tent today so a big wheel trailer might just make the trip :pray:

I'll meet up with you guys traveling from Calais at Vienna. My route will be Bergerac to Annecy where I'll have a day or two at Annecy as it's such a lovely place, from Annecy driving through Switzerland to Innsbruck with an overnight stop (hotel more than likely) and then on to Vienna with a couple of hours in Salzburg. I would expect you guys to be at the campsite earlier than me so keep me a place or vise versa.
If we pm each other with mobile numbers it will be easier to keep in touch.

I need everyone's number again as well for some reason turning my phone off leaves me with numbers saved to a sim card only ? Could you also pm me a postcode or something similar please Clive so i can have a play with my satnav .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
got the house in Romania on the phone so i am nearly all set to go

pm sent again

Cheers RR got that , and good luck to you for being ready i think for me it will be a case of switch the welder off , grab a change of clothes and go !

Err, what day(s) are you planning on being in Austria? We are out there from 8th August but not driving [emoji20]

well i am leaving sat 15th aug and staying in Frankfurt that night
Should be at Vienna evening of Sunday 16th

This now all depends on the ferry as there is a bit of trouble in the area

No point in worrying about that RR we can't plan around it or avoid it so better to ignore it and take the day as it comes .

The problem with cross-channel traffic affects the lorries more than private vehicles, and it's the channel tunnel more so than the ferries. The police couldn't have families with young children hanging around for hours, the lorry drivers are equipped and being paid.

I need everyone's number again as well for some reason turning my phone off leaves me with numbers saved to a sim card only ? Could you also pm me a postcode or something similar please Clive so i can have a play with my satnav .

Sorry Shayne, nothing as sophisticated as a postcode in my neck of the woods :lol:

There's a whole maze of tracks and lanes all called "Strada Poiana" can you believe. They could have at least given each track a number to go with the name, or something on those lines.

We do have a house number, well someone does, but nobody seems to know what it is... :laughing-rolling:

The best bet is to google earth 'Poiana Comarnic, Prahova' and you should get this...

01.PNG

Do a double click zoom on the centre of the bit I've highlighted in the pic below...

02.PNG

and you should get this...

03.PNG

then with another couple of zoomy clicks in the highlighter (above) and you might get lucky with this...

04.PNG

Our place is the wobbly highlight triangularish bit and the entrance gate is at the bottom right, coming left off the track through a couple of wooden boarded gates.

The very last junction that you need to take is a left roughly in the centre of where the funny blue circleish thingy is on here at the bottom...

05.PNG

and if you go to street view, the left turn should look something like this...

06.PNG

You'll be coming up the hill from the bottom left of the above shot, going left leaving that old house on your right. We're about 80m up the track from this corner.

The exact coordinates of the centre of our house roof are:

45 deg, 14', 37" N
25 deg, 39', 18" E

That should be close enough, if we're in!

If the gates aren't open when you arrive, go through the pedestrian gate to the right of the vehicle gates (it's never locked) and open the gates yourself. Drive in and park where you fancy, but don't squash any plants or I'll have you banned :lol:

I'm planning to be there sometime after 8:00 pm on Tuesday 18th, if I can't get there before then.

If you're early, I might arrange for a key to be left somewhere, but I'll PM folks with such intimate details later, if we do that.

Happy googling! :dance:

Last edited:
That's good enough for me mate Chas was here last week and thanks to him i now know my satnav does all sorts of things i didn't know about including coordinates :icon-biggrin: i really must start reading instructions before chucking them in the bin :oops:

That's good enough for me mate Chas was here last week and thanks to him i now know my satnav does all sorts of things i didn't know about including coordinates :icon-biggrin: i really must start reading instructions before chucking them in the bin :oops:

Nah, who needs instructions, only fools read them :lol:

It's a bit of a windy road up to our place, with several "wrong turns" to be had. If I'm in when you guys come, give me a ring and I'll pop down to the national road (DN 1 on the map or E 60 if you're all continental, like) and meet you on the junction called "Vultarul" which is the name of the grotty looking industrial building with the dark grey roof in the pic below... You can park anywhere around there and I'll find you. Our road is the 1 F which should be a left turn off the DN 1 if you're coming from Brasov way (from the North) as you should be (unless you've got lost and driven around in some big circles on the way :laughing-rolling:).

07.PNG

Do we have a list of hopefuls yet, besides RR, you and Chas? Just askin... for PM's sake.

Last edited:
Lyns meeting up with us half way there i think so 4 trucks and 6 or 7 people it look like .

Hey Clive we actually got post codes here in Ireland last week, only cost a couple hundred million euros.....

Only problem is, they arent linked into any sat nav system yet!!

Lyns meeting up with us half way there i think so 4 trucks and 6 or 7 people it look like .

Ah, Lyn's coming too, eh? That's great, I had a feeling you were just meeting up on route.

Great stuff, 4 trucks isn't a bad turn-out at all. :thumbup:

I can't believe how excited Helen is she gets up and goes through her lists and ticks off whats been delivered and what hasn't , her questions make me think we are immigrating :lol:

Back