Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016

2 great days (and a few muddy shortcuts besides) off road out of 5 is hardly a poor result given what we did on the other days , shame Mike missed those 2 days but he will insist on driving a Landrover

And easy to fix

The whole trip was a learning curve for everyone and with your Mother Hen attitude Clive i'm sure it was the most stressful holiday you have ever taken . Note to self take a big stick next time for when he tries to pay for everyone's icecream , burgers , admission fee , its not a school outing

i agree got to stop him spending money on us, it was hard work just to try and pay our own way

Right, Clive the tobacco baron
bravo-009.gif
, and Clive the tour guide would suit me fine.
champion-018.gif

Your requirements will be noted in the "expression of interest" schedule due to be released, Chas! :thumbup:

Not sure about this tobacco Baron business he was seen raking up leaves last week :lol:

I have a zero mod vehicle. So it's either going to be a case of me being cannon fodder, or i will be in the not so hardcore Offord group.

KB

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a zero mod vehicle. So it's either going to be a case of me being cannon fodder, or i will be in the not so hardcore Offord group. KB

I wouldn't worry yourself too much, Ram came in his stock 80 and he went everywhere we did, no bother at all...

Clive - what are the best dates in Sept for us to be at your place?

I'm looking at a ferry on 4 or 5 Sept, then a drive to Romania - either straight to you and then afterwards on to Targumures and mayve Manumures if I can sort something with Max. Alternative is that I go to Manumures and Targumures first but that means getting to you on about 13th Sept - poss too late for your school hols?

Pete

Clive - what are the best dates in Sept for us to be at your place?

I'm looking at a ferry on 4 or 5 Sept, then a drive to Romania - either straight to you and then afterwards on to Targumures and mayve Manumures if I can sort something with Max. Alternative is that I go to Manumures and Targumures first but that means getting to you on about 13th Sept - poss too late for your school hols?

Pete

Mmmm, don't know for sure yet Pete, school term normally starts on a Monday so it's likely to be 12 September 2016.

With most interest focussing on the first 2 weeks of September, I was considering 27 August to 11 September at the house.

You know you're welcome anytime so if you want to come earlier, and can make it at our place for a Friday night, we can have weekend together... then you can stay as long as you wish, even though we'll head back to the city on Sunday night.

It would be great to have you call in! :icon-biggrin:

I could do the ferry, then head to you, then targumures after, no problem.

I may be able to get a Friday ferry, but it depends if I have a co driver.

I could do the ferry, then head to you, then targumures after, no problem. I may be able to get a Friday ferry, but it depends if I have a co driver.

The house is empty during the week, but we're there every weekend (with few exceptions), we arrive late-ish on a Friday and leave at about 7:00 on each Sunday.

Like I said, you can come anytime and stay as you please... :thumbup:

I know it's early days yet, but I would like a sample of who intends to come to our place and when, if possible.

I'm having to book leave time soon, so indicative dates would be welcomed, please.

We won't return from Egypt until the 22nd of August and Helen has been told , after 37 years holding the same managers position within a company that has bought and sold more times than she can remember , that she cannot take more than 15 days annual holiday . So any dates after the 22nd of August that suits the majority will be fine with us :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Just trawled through the Romania 2015 thread to look up last years trip schedule and -

Ferry to France 15th of August
Arrived at Clive's 19th
Left Clive's 27th
Ferry to Dover 29th .

Look's like we might be late arrivals this year then . Booking the Egypt trip was a condition attached to our visiting Romania last year and was booked a few months before August 2015 , its a family affair to so can't realistically rearrange :icon-rolleyes:

With most interest focussing on the first 2 weeks of September, I was considering 27 August to 11 September at the house.

I'll be aiming for about the 27th Clive.

So far then, would it be fair to say:

1. Shayne & Helen open dates probably arriving not before 27 August
(can't see it myself, only one week at home after Egypt and still 3-4 days to get here);

2. Chas any time after 27 August;

3. Pete (Wobbly) was considering coming after 12 September, but that's too late to have time off with them because of the school holiday ending about then. I can visit at the weekend, and the house can be his for as long as he wishes. Any news or change of plan Pete?

4. Mike (ratrace) I'm not too sure of his plan now, it was mainly Bulgaria, with a possible call-in, but he has a new truck now, could be all at sea. Any news or change of plan Mike?

Any other takers? :pray:

am still ok for the 1st 2 weeks of sept

just got to work out when i will arrive and depart Bulgaria

Ok, so we have:

(can't see it myself, only one week at home after Egypt and still 3-4 days to get here);

3. Pete (Wobbly) was considering coming after 12 September, but that's too late to have time off with them because of the school holiday ending about then. I can visit at the weekend, and the house can be his for as long as he wishes. Any news or change of plan Pete?

4. Mike (ratrace) confirmed 1st 2 weeks in September (still have to check the dates).

It seems I'll be booking the first 2 weeks of September, should fit with the majority, if nit Pete (Wobbly), shame :icon-cry:

Ok, thanks guys, so we have:

4. Mike (ratrace) confirmed 1st 2 weeks in September (still have to check the dates).

It seems I'll be booking the first 2 weeks of September, which in reality would mean we would be at the house between Sat 27 August to Sunday 11 September, which should fit with the majority, if not Pete (Wobbly), which is a shame :icon-cry:

Last edited:
Back