Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016

Aura can read English so i think she will be out buying him a pinny tomorrow Rich :lol:

Already have one Shayne, and don't either of you (you or Rich) pretend you don't have one :laughing-rolling:

Well played Clive :lol:

I was hanging the washing out when they were all getting drunk in the garden next door which caused shocked silence from my audience in this archaic land of separate schools for boys and girls :wtf: only one was drunk enough to voice the reason for their shock to which i replied "the thing is i am a man and therefore i don't need a woman to look after me" :icon-wink:

Well played Clive :lol:

I was hanging the washing out when they were all getting drunk in the garden next door which caused shocked silence from my audience in this archaic land of separate schools for boys and girls :wtf: only one was drunk enough to voice the reason for their shock to which i replied "the thing is i am a man and therefore i don't need a woman to look after me" :icon-wink:

Know the mentality there, it was similar in my village in West Wales. I used to do my washing, hang it on the line and go to work. When I came home, my neighbor had kindly taken it in when it was dry, and I used to find it ironed and folded neatly on the kitchen table, when I got home.

She used to say, "cant have a man doing the ironing can we?" and you can imagine my answer... She was always very kind, but the thought of a man doing ironing was not acceptable to her.

And of course, the back door was never locked either...

Just made a massive mistake by showing my wife your tiling,guess what she wants now:doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok, thanks guys, so we have:

1. Shayne & Helen open dates probably arriving not before 27 August
(can't see it myself, only one week at home after Egypt and still 3-4 days to get here);

2. Chas any time after 27 August;

3. Pete (Wobbly) was considering coming after 12 September, but that's too late to have time off with them because of the school holiday ending about then. I can visit at the weekend, and the house can be his for as long as he wishes. Any news or change of plan Pete?

4. Mike (ratrace) confirmed 1st 2 weeks in September (still have to check the dates).

Any other takers? :pray:

It seems I'll be booking the first 2 weeks of September, which in reality would mean we would be at the house between Sat 27 August to Sunday 11 September, which should fit with the majority, if not Pete (Wobbly), which is a shame :icon-cry:

After a long hiatus from the board, I'm still alive and kicking. Let me talk to my lovely bride and see if she might be interested.

We are marrying off our youngest daughter in the US the last week of June, so don't know if finances will be recovered by then.

Last edited:
Hey, good to hear from you again Drew, hope you guys are OK, it would be great if you could pass by.:thumbup:

Hey, good to hear from you again Drew, hope you guys are OK, it would be great if you could pass by.:thumbup:

They blocked this forum at work, and have been at work nearly continuously since last I spoke. Minus time for a trip to Normandy last week.

They blocked this forum at work, and have been at work nearly continuously since last I spoke. Minus time for a trip to Normandy last week.

Can't be having that now Drew, what a meanie thing to do, blocking this forum, can't you plead for an exception?

I got a present from Hungary in the post this morning, a Penalty Charge Notice, apparently I was driving on a motorway that needed a vignette, I'm sure I did have one though it's probably still in the Cruiser at Julian's.
There was a London 0207 number to call, which I did and was answered by a person in Hungary :confusion-shrug: who told me if I pay the charge and when I get the Cruiser back and the vignette is still there I can apply for a refund :dance: so that is what I did.

I'm sure we got one on the way up to last 10 days Chas , iirc Hungary was the place nobody seemed to understand what a vignette was but we did get it eventually . I bet i haven't got mine any more though :doh:

I'm sure we got one on the way up to last 10 days Chas , iirc Hungary was the place nobody seemed to understand what a vignette was but we did get it eventually . I bet i haven't got mine any more though :doh:
I have a plastic 'wallet' on the windscreen that I put the necessary tickets in and they usually stay there 'til I have a clear out so I'm sure it will still be there, the supposed offence was 4th September so that was on the way to Clive.

How much was the fine ?

Was it Hungary that i took a shortcut through the field and drainage ditches to the petrol station ?

How much was the fine ?

Was it Hungary that i took a shortcut through the field and drainage ditches to the petrol station ?
The fine in GBP was £69.84, I do remember that shortcut but I can't remember which country

Back