Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof load rating

Quagar

Country Flag
australia
Hi all,

Read a bit about roof racks and load ratings for the roof you are putting them. I have a 76 series but I can't find anything about it in the 270 page manual. Roof racks have weight/load ratings but you also have to consider the manufacturers roof load rating. Any clues.

Cheers
Quagar

SteveJB

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Ronnie Dahl put up a video a few days ago and a anyone with a roof top tent or general off road gear up top should have a look and maybe a re think could be of use for you

Quagar

Country Flag
australia
Yep. Saw that, thats why I'm checking. I have a Rhino Tradie platform that was on the car when I bought it so really trying to find out what I can put up there.

Firewout

Garage
Country Flag
belgium
Page 111 in owners manual : 'avoid loading any items on the roof'......

Quagar

Country Flag
australia
I dont have that in my manual. But, is there any more to this? Does it mention roof racks or weights etc or does it just say " dont put anything on the roof?" Cheers Q.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Firewout

Garage
Country Flag
belgium
yes, it just says : avoid putting any items on the roof.
(1991 Land Cruiser user manual)
1613322477671.png

Last edited:

goodoldboy

I seem to remember 150 KG as being the Max load on the roof rails on a 90 series .This was the load rating on my Audi i think .

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
I used this as my guide.

150kg will be dynamic and probably double that static but i cant find the webpage where i found the information. I usually like to find a few places saying the same thing before i trust any stated figures lol

Anyways, i always run with a front runner slimline roof rack which is around 35kg and an ikamper top tent at around 65kg and its rock solid.