Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof load rating

Quagar

Country Flag
australia
Hi all,

Read a bit about roof racks and load ratings for the roof you are putting them. I have a 76 series but I can't find anything about it in the 270 page manual. Roof racks have weight/load ratings but you also have to consider the manufacturers roof load rating. Any clues.

Cheers
Quagar

Ronnie Dahl put up a video a few days ago and a anyone with a roof top tent or general off road gear up top should have a look and maybe a re think could be of use for you

Yep. Saw that, thats why I'm checking. I have a Rhino Tradie platform that was on the car when I bought it so really trying to find out what I can put up there.

Page 111 in owners manual : 'avoid loading any items on the roof'......

I dont have that in my manual. But, is there any more to this? Does it mention roof racks or weights etc or does it just say " dont put anything on the roof?" Cheers Q.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yes, it just says : avoid putting any items on the roof.
(1991 Land Cruiser user manual)
1613322477671.png

Last edited:
I seem to remember 150 KG as being the Max load on the roof rails on a 90 series .This was the load rating on my Audi i think .

I used this as my guide.

150kg will be dynamic and probably double that static but i cant find the webpage where i found the information. I usually like to find a few places saying the same thing before i trust any stated figures lol

Anyways, i always run with a front runner slimline roof rack which is around 35kg and an ikamper top tent at around 65kg and its rock solid.

I've just done some research on this and the best I can find is a 76 roof is rated for 100kg....... thats from Rhino.

Back