Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof top tent from Terrain

I also got one.
Very easy to open and to close.

It can be mounted in line with the vehicle, or 90 deg to the vehicle.
Mine is 90 deg. to the vehicle, it opens onto the drivers side, and thats where the ladder is.

Easy fit 3 in, or 4 for even more fun.

Graham

hi chris
over all, marks out off ten what do you give it?
eg in heavy rain wind etc.
thinking of getting one shortly.

Interestingly, I have actually used it more in horrific weather than I have in good conditions. Not through choice might I add. I don't know if I can give it a score, not sure how I can make that realistic. Let's say, if it was nicked, struck by lightening or worse still in a fire :shock: would I buy another?

Answer, yes. I would. I do know that they have made some improvements to it such as the material which is slightly better than the original. But it doesn't leak, works well, is comfortable and has survived a gale. It is now available without the downstairs extension, which I would say in my view is a waste of time. You don't camp with a vehicle and tent, you tour, pitch for the night and move on. If you need the downstairs, you may as well just take a tent so that you an leave it and use the vehicle. I'd get an Oz tent if that were the case. If I were travelling the World and it was costing me £50k let's say, I might spend the extra and get the Howling Moon as I do think they are slightly more durable. But, in the UK where it's wet and unpleasant and the fabric will get mildew no matter what you do, why waste the extra money.
Been very happy for the money, there isn't anything that I would say was weak. There are some tips and tricks to making it easier to pack and live with but then there will be with all kit I guess.

Chris

Back