Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roofrack and Foxwing wanted for 80series

richrock

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I might be looking for fairy dust here but do you ever see roof racks and foxwings second hand? I'm keen to go for quality kit but not sure I can afford brand new.

Rich

Not wanting a Foxwing but I would be in the market for a Hannibal awning. :pray:

Last edited:
That seems a good price, but I particularly want a Hannibal as it doesn't need the support poles.

I've got some Rocking Horse shit you can have:laughing-rolling:

Looking for one too for a while now, but they come up rarely and hold their price well, which is encouraging and frustrating at the same time!

Roof racks come up more often than awnings. You have to be quick though. I managed to get an ali front runner one that was advertised on here. Very solid piece of kit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I could be tempted to sell my fox wing if it goes to a good home if interested and also my RTT if interested let me know.
stu

At the same time I am off to Bristol this weekend do could help bring it back to Berkshire if that helps

Guys, you know on a Foxy type awning, do you HAVE to open it fully - 270 degrees or can you just do 180 if you want to?

Guys, you know on a Foxy type awning, do you HAVE to open it fully - 270 degrees or can you just do 180 if you want to?
I was with a couple of guys with foxwings at the weekend and you do have to open them right out, only way to get them tight

How much are Foxwings over here. I reckon I could make a good facsimile of one and retail it for around £250

I would say you could partially it up one section at a time Chris but you'd end up having to do something to bundle up the sections that you don't open to stop them flapping about - I think it would be feasible as when I've put mine up I peg each section out tight as I'm going along. Can't remember how many sections there are to it off the top of my head but it might not be able to get zigackly 180°...

Last edited:
Gavster, that's inerwesting. See, you can't extend a FW when your RoughTopTent is deployed. But during the day, you could have the full fan out. In the evening, I was wondering about having the tent set but only open 180 degs to the edge of the tent base. I could very easliy put a hanger, strap, velcro there to tie in the bundle of un opened panels.

If anyone has had RTT and FW (probably not at the same time) I'd appreciate thoughts. Ohhhh Jonnnnnn, Coooeee...

I'm sure Gaz has the tent/foxwing combo on his 120... Is it that you want to open your tent over the back of the truck rather to one side?

I have a tourer RTT and a FW and the tent opens over the side so i have coverage from the nsf door to the osf door which is pretty big space to be fair.

Mine opens over the back door and that is the way it's staying to be honest. I much prefer it that way having tried both. I have seen them open over the bonnet to be fair. That would work well with the Foxy of course, but damn tricky set up unless you stand on the bonnet.

Can't say fairer than that then CJ :lol: The foxwing would seem to be designed with side mounted RTT in mind.

Can only see disadvantages opening then over the bonnet... :doh:

well, got myself a foxwing today from stumog, what a nice chap. cup of tea and a good chat about all things 4wd, absolutely top bloke.

Back