Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rumbling in Romania

sunrisesoup

Country Flag
united_states
I often go by Sunrisesoup online. We have 3 cruisers including a 1985 '70, 1980 Troopy (right hand drive), and 2002 100 series. We are Americans (USA type) but living in Romania currently.
We have had a 60 series and several FJ40's as well. I miss the 40's most and would love to have another, but am really enjoying this 70 we just got.
I started off road on a motorcycle when a friend taught me to ride. So I married him and we started buying cruisers and off-roading together a bit later. My prior experience had been working on old cars (my own out of necessity), driving Porsches, and some slalom racing with the club in San Gabriel Valley, not off road stuff. But we've been at it for years now, and helped start a couple Toyota club chapters too. Our Troopy came from Australia and the 70 we bought here in Romania. It had been brought in from Italy and had some refurbishing done.
I am helping a friend do repairs on his new old cruiser- a 70 with gasoline and propane, but it needs a new carburetor. Looking for advice.

I often go by Sunrisesoup online. We have 3 cruisers including a 1985 '70, 1980 Troopy (right hand drive), and 2002 100 series. We are Americans (USA type) but living in Romania currently.
We have had a 60 series and several FJ40's as well. I miss the 40's most and would love to have another, but am really enjoying this 70 we just got.
I started off road on a motorcycle when a friend taught me to ride. So I married him and we started buying cruisers and off-roading together a bit later. My prior experience had been working on old cars (my own out of necessity), driving Porsches, and some slalom racing with the club in San Gabriel Valley, not off road stuff. But we've been at it for years now, and helped start a couple Toyota club chapters too. Our Troopy came from Australia and the 70 we bought here in Romania. It had been brought in from Italy and had some refurbishing done.
I am helping a friend do repairs on his new old cruiser- a 70 with gasoline and propane, but it needs a new carburetor. Looking for advice.

Welcome aboard sunrise (for short) very nice intro....

How long have you been living in Romania, and whereabouts, I wonder?

I came here in 2001 and it’s a great place if you like the outdoors and your able to get to the mountains. We stay and work in Bucharest, but have a house for the weekends and holidays in Comarnic (Prahova valley) which is only an hour and a half from the city.

Back