Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Running wiring from the front compartment to the rear ???

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
What's the best way to run wiring from the front compartment area to the rear of the truck?

I'd like to run a couple of 10mm power feeds a 1.5mm 3 core flex & an RG58 coax from the front of Fiery to the rear & just wondered what the perceived best route is :?: :)

I have run a feed wire for my amp through the chassis rail on the drivers side. I found that 20mm flexible conduit fits through the cut outs in the chassis and can be fed through to the front of the rail from the back of the truck. It goes over the stiffening tube quite easily. I brought it out from the chassis under the drivers floor pan and then followed the rear heater pipes up into the engine bay along the inner wing to the battery. At the rear of the truck there is a grommet to take the wiring for the bumper lights into the truck behind the rear panel. I just fed the end of the conduit into the same hole and up into the void behind the panel. Then pushed the wire through from the engine bay into the rear. I will be fitting a 4 way splitter onto the end of this to power the amp, a permant live power socket and a charging socket to top up batterys for 12v caravaning weekends.

Don't suppose you have any pics of where it goes in and comes out of the chassis?

Had a chance for a bit of a play today & found this existing wiring duct under the drivers door kick foot plate :D

PA250747.jpg

PA250746.jpg

This'll do for what I want :thumbup: :D Nice idea with the chassis rail though :thumbup: I like it :)

There is a similar one on the passenger side and it comes up to behind the cubby hole which has lots more room and is easier to work in. Just behind there is rubber bung which leads into the engine bay.

Chris before me found this route and ran some wiresd through there and I have since added to them. A small slit will be required in the rubber (looks like a CV boot) but as it's so hign in the bay/cab, I can't see any issues with this.

Re: Running wiring from the front compartment to the rear ??

I have taken some pics and will post them over the weekend. Batteries went on the camera so will take a few more then post up the best ones.

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sorry I haven't posted these earlier but been a bit hectic last couple of days. Had to fix rear heater pipes as going away next week :pray: Weather permitting.
Any way, I started at the rear of the chassis, drivers side next to the fuel tank. I found this easier to get the pipe past the stiffening tube just by the back wheels.
DSCN0828.jpg

In this picture you should be able to see the tube laying in the chassis
DSCN0827.jpg

The tube carries on inside the chassis to under the floor where my feet would be if I was driving. I took it out here to be able to get up into the engine bay following the rear heater pipes.
DSCN0826.jpg

This pic shows the tubing going up into the engine bay inside the front wheel arch
DSCN0831.jpg

I tucked the tube behind the servo and around the inner wing going to the battery
DSCN0830.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

The wire isn't connected to the battery at the moment as its still a work in progress

DSCN0825.jpg

At the rear of the truck, the wiring from the bumper lights enters through a large rubber grommet. I just enlarged this and tucked the tube into the inner wing where it sits at he moment waiting for me to get my finger out and get on with it. I siliconed all round the grommet inside the wing.
DSCN0829.jpg

when I finsh this off I will post the rest of the wiring inside the rear panel

Thanks for the pics. How difficult is it to feed that tube through the chassis rail and get it out again?

The tubing went through quite easily. I cut a taper on the leading edge , then just fed it in through the hole at the back of the truck. At the other end , I just put my finger into the hole that I wanted the tube to come out of and pushed the tube onto my finger tip. With some one else gently pushing the tube forward, I pulled my finger out and the tube followed. I actually got the tube up into the engine bay inside the chassis but found it difficult to get it out again so went back to under the floor. you might need to twist the tube to get it over the stiffening tube in the chassis but it will go through quite easily. The tube is cable tied to the heater pipes on my truck so it wont foul the steering arm or touch the exhaust. I am using an amp main power wire to feed the system and this pushed thruogh once all the tube was secured in place. Just got to finish off the wiring and relays when the weather sorts it self out.

Back