Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rust eater

i saw that on facebook but hate to see the price on this toy

Very handy. I wonder how many laser pens I would have to strap together to have the same effect :think:

Those things are cool. Saw it on FB. It's like a magic jetwash.

Very handy. I wonder how many laser pens I would have to strap together to have the same effect :think:

A lot :)

this is a 40W laser (well, many to make up 40W) and he still has to focus it to burn wood - slowly.

Fastest most effective yes. Safest, I'm not so sure. Get distracted and point that thing accidentally at something reflective and if someone is standing in the way I hate to think what would happen. Instant blindness if it got em in the eyes. I've always had great respect for lasers. That thing looks like it could be very dangerous in the wrong hands. Especially as there is no control where it is pointed.

The beam doesnt seem all that bright for a laser that can supposedly burn away rust and corrosion. Looks and sounds like some form of spark erosion, bit like a plasma gun. JMO
As far as safety goes it probably has a very short focal length and disperse rapidly at any distance?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
that looks genuinely impressive as a tool, must cost mega bucks

that looks genuinely impressive as a tool, must cost mega bucks

I imagine in a few years, they'll be as part of the general tooling in the garage, as we have with heat and glue guns, and the like.

Not sure what it's actually doing to the rust, maybe it's just burning it, maybe it's neutralizing it into something else less prone to the rust continuing to form. Looks good though, some longer term test data would be interesting.

Back