Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rust - front crossmember RHS body mount.

MarkW

Country Flag
morocco
Checking the truck over today I found this :(

IMG_0876[1].JPG IMG_0877[1].JPG

Looks like a replacement panel is available

truck rust.jpg

Hi!

I strongly believe this is (very well) welded in & it will require alot of hazzle to get it right......

Will have a look underneight mine & try to figure something out.
I have seen similar before & welded it back up.
Dont recon it was as far gone as Yours..... it`s been awhile since.

Not what I wanted to hear Pete, but thanks. Not knowing the in's and out's of welding I was hoping it could be a fairly simple chop the old one off and weld on a new.

Certainly nothing left around the body mount judging by the movement in it.

I wouldn't panic because its very easy t0 get to in order to work on with bumper and headlight removed . A weld on bracket would make it solid again .

chassis mount 001.JPG

Wow yours is in better knicjk than mine :), my a/c condenser is falling apart!

In my uneducated eye it looks like the cross member is welded onto the front of the bit behind the headlight and could be cut off replaced fairly easily

If you could get the bit cut out of a scrapper i'm sure it would be no bother for a welder to patch it in .

My old condenser didn't look to bad either until i removed the rad and found condenser fins woven into it making the rad almost solid . If yours is falling to bits its might be and idea to remove or replace it .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Amayama list the replacement panel at 68 of our british pounds. TBH I'll struggle to find one in a scrap yard round here.

There is whole truck available nearby with a blown engine but I have nowhere to put it :(

Not too big a job to take the engine out of yours and drop it in the dead one. Personally if the dead one is half decent, it would be easier than the welding restoration job - plus painting of course. Swapping an engine is easy enough especially if it's like for like.

Well the cost of swapping into another truck with a knackered engine is simply put as expensive when a little bit of welding can do the job. The local one sold for over £1000 even with a knackered engine and also had MOT records of chassis corrosion.

Amayame have a replacement winging its way across the planet to me but weirdly the truck passed it's MOT yesterday. Also now have new lower ball joints and a working hand brake again :) Just need a new tyre.

Back