Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rusty HJ60 Restoration and Overland Build

No I won't be keeping the stickers, it's going to be beige Toyota colour 464
The dutch guys at LL Landcruisers do have sticker sets. Not sure if they have yours but they could get them done I expect. They aren't cheap, but it sounded pretty technical to get them made up involving lasers and fancy measuring stuff.

http://www.cruiserworld.eu/parts/60-series/bodywork-panels-glass-lights-etc?prod_id=75084

Make sure you use a carbon monoxide detector with the eberspacher, especially in the relatively confined space of a tent.
I know from my truck driving days they can be pretty temperamental. they will sometimes lock out because of exhaust problems as a safety feature.

sorry, my edit fell outside the 10 minute deadline so separate post!!

Great piccies, where was that? looks like Scotland.

There is a school of thought in overlanding circles not to use aircon, for a couple of reasons:
1. It slows or stops the acclimatisation process. when you do step out of your airconditioned vehicle the heat hits you even harder, which could be unpleasant trying to sleep in a non airconditioned tent! It also makes having to get out to do recovery pretty unpleasant!
2. Because of 1 above you tend to drive around with your windows up which stops you fully experiencing and interacting with your environment, so you get less out of your trip.

I tend to agree with that, although I drive an aircon hilux in the UK, for travelling I go without, not that I have much choice!! But it isn't part of the spec for the rebuild. BTW the rebuild is being done by the garage that preps my vehicles. Hopefully they are taking piccies, they said they would, so I shall post them when I get them.

I have been in the desert at over 45C and it's surprising, you can manage a lot better than you think, once you get over the basic idea that it isn't actually going to kill you! Just drink plenty. Your drinking to stay alive, not because your thirsty, by the time your thirsty your dehydrated.

Last edited:
this is the colour

toyota_landcruiser_fj60_464_04_zps35d5ef5f.jpgtoyota_landcruiser_fj60_464_19_zps33628351.jpg

There is a school of thought in overlanding circles not to use aircon, for a couple of reasons:
1. It slows or stops the acclimatisation process. when you do step out of your airconditioned vehicle the heat hits you even harder, which could be unpleasant trying to sleep in a non airconditioned tent! It also makes having to get out to do recovery pretty unpleasant!
2. Because of 1 above you tend to drive around with your windows up which stops you fully experiencing and interacting with your environment, so you get less out of your trip.
Thanks, very good points.. im not sold on doing it, also the expense of doing it too is a big factor. To be honest the money would be better spent on a front axle rebuild and a radiator recore but we shall see.

Thanks too on the carbon monoxide point ... will do.

I have a brand new full set, they are not for sale but could be used to make a repro set for you guys. In fact I will make it a priority next week to get them to the local vinyl printers for a price and will let you know if it helps.

Andy

Hi Andy, Yes Please if you can get a set repro'd or at least a rough cost on the possibility of getting a batch or individual one done then i will be very interested. Be nice to paint the LC and put them back properly as they are not in great condition on mine.. Pm me what you find out. Thanks Mark

Back