Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sad day yesterday.

stumog

Country Flag
england
After 9 years of amazing trips and experiences my 80 has gone to a new home. Hopefully the new owner will join up here at some point.

picture just for Tony T

20220705_172557.jpg

@stumog I served my time in a Toyota dealership, unfortunately before the 80’s arrived, then worked in a general garage doing trucks and trailers, all the 4x4 stuff and the hot hatches, my deepset hatred of all things Land Rover was grown there, although I do find myself looking at ex army defenders and think it would be fun to have one… then my failing memory reminds me it’s better to have my rough old 80!
I bet they aren’t that a bad truck at all now:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Jake the Peg we have been very lucky with our D3 its so nice a smooth fantastic to drive and not let us down. However its always in the back of mind its the engine going to blow.

my deepset hatred of all things Land Rover was grown there, although I do find myself looking at ex army defenders and think it would be fun to have one…

I know what you mean. In my idiotic youth I went through 3 Land Rovers of varying vintage before buying my 1st Japanese 4x4 and realising that the doors didn't have to fly open when you went round corners, you didn't have to put a tray under it when you parked on anyone else's drive, that 'things' were actually meant to turn on when you flicked switches on the dashboard and that engaging four wheel drive didn't have to involve what felt like trying to wrestle with Zebedee's steroid-abusing bigger brother..

All that said, I still think the old Series Land Rovers and Defenders are the best looking 4x4s ever made. It's just such a shame they are so shockingly unreliable.

Back