Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Safe driving advert.

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
Anyone seen the Aviva advert with the safe driving app? The opening shot shows the car has damage before the guy pulls away.

Yeh........sad that I noticed that. :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

I do not have a TV so I have not seen the advert, however a brief interweb search and it appears to have been banned, ....
lol

Link here to an article.

And it seems to have been this advert.

Nope not that one, that was probably banned by some over zealous H&S pratt?

The one I an referring to is current.

Regards

Dave

I do not have a TV so I have not seen the advert, however a brief interweb search and it appears to have been banned, ....
lol

Link here to an article.

And it seems to have been this advert.
The ad received 58 complaints.. who are these people?
I thought it was a good ad..

@clivehorridge, have you seen the ad Clive?

Regards

Dave

I don’t have a TV either, well not one that speaks my language.

No, I did a search on the toob but found loads of similar stuff, and I was in a restaurant having lunch with no sound.

I liked your post Dave ‘cos you admitted being a sad person noticing the damage :lol: That gets a shed-load of points in my book.

Did find this though... :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep, when you have got rid of the kids you will be surprised what you notice when watching the box.

Pretty shocking that ad Clive, in Spain I found the lack of accident prevention or road safety ads here unusual, apparently the spanish don't like to see them?

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Haven't seen the ad to which you refer but we've noticed that here that they show quite hard hitting ads just before the big travel weekends. Currently have one about teaching kids to use zebra crossings. Also a bunches of flowers ad for celebrations (births, weddings, etc) and the last one is on the roadside. Also they are not shy about showing the carnage on the news when there has been a major accident - they also show the street cam view.

Regards,

Rodger

Might be a provincial thing Rodger? I have not seen much spanish TV of late though, perhaps they have started showing them? You never know they might start showing correct roundabout navigation? :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

Unlikely Dave, as someone who is Spanish would have to know before they could make the film and we both know that none of them have a clue.

I always thought losing control of a car should be part of the driving test , nothing dramatic just like drive the cone tunnel at 40mph at the test centre on a wet track , when it happens it happens far faster than anyone who hasn't experienced it can predict , once bitten twice shy might have saved a whole heap of kids who will never get the chance to grow up now .

Personally I think people should be taught how to drive in a car without electronic traction/stability and abs aids.

They should learn how a car behaves when the driver over cooks it and looses control and how to regain control, imo there are a lot of drivers who are regularly saved by these modern safety features and they tend to rely on them and as good as they are one day the driver will do something to exceed the ability of the car to save them and that's when they have a accident with serious consequences.

I personally think that learning to drive and control a "analog" vehicle will teach a person a lot more and they will more easily recognize the limits of a vehicle before they exceed them and find themselves in trouble.

Back