Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Saffas

Saw a number plate on a Disco the other day, NO54 FFA - no saffas :lol: :lol:

Quite a few of us lurking here in the UK, Daniel ;)

Me
Crispin
Gary (ex-Zimbo/Saffa :mrgreen: )
Matt Wright
Tony P
Ryan
Kevin/Ignat
just for starters!

We have quite a few SA-based members who joined from LCCSA too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OMG!! I thought you were all from New Zealand!

It's your accents. Well I mean you all sound the same from that part of the World.

Damn, I knew there was something odd about you all but I never twigged. It explains a lot. Especially Gary.

C (from Yorkshire, of course)

I hope this not considered rude or too nosy by any of the SA members but I have always wondered what brought you guys to the UK.

It can't be the flaming climate anyway.

I am thinking of upping sticks and am curious what motivated other people to move.

Shhh, don't look now, but isn't it obvious? They are stealing all the Land Cruisers with diff locks!

C

Derek J said:
I hope this not considered rude or too nosy by any of the SA members but I have always wondered what brought you guys to the UK.

It can't be the flaming climate anyway.

I am thinking of upping sticks and am curious what motivated other people to move.

Once you get past the great weather, great beaches, lovley mountains, wildlife, great outdoor lifestyle....... what else is thre :roll: See what you have gone and done... whish I was there now....

I'll let one of the more serious members spill the beans on this topic!

Cheap Landcruisers :dance:

Me and SWAMBO came over for a working holiday. Helluva lot easier travelling on £ than R's.

Our initial plan was to spend three years here, let her get a British passport, I already have one, but it seams everytime someone asks how much longer we'll be here for, the answer doesn't change. Three years later it's still three more years ;)

Ok, so the climate and lifestyle don't compete with SA whatsoever and i do miss good 'ol Cape Town very much :violin:
But it seems from a work and making a bit of £ point of view there are plenty of opportunities and that's really what's keeping me and the wife here.

If you don't let the weather get to you this place aint too bad. It also doesn't hurt to have a cruiser to play with and some like minded cruiser obsessed folk to hang with to keep you sane :thumbup:

Gotta say this Forum rocks :music-rockon:

I do plan on going home... eventually. For now too much to see and do.

Daniel911 said:
Any near London?

Me, North London/ Enfeild.

Ryan Thomson said:
Daniel911 said:
Any near London?

Me, North London/ Enfeild.

Just outside North London
Ryan: You moved then?

Reason for coming here: Come back to the mother-land :liar: Was born and spent some childhood here, decided the accent aint gonna be for me innit. So i's moved souf. innit. Now i's back.

Married a Scot - she wanted an import :shock: :lol: :lol:

And her folks were getting frail, and I was tired of being a 40-ish white male looking for IT work in Cape Town, and then I was really p1ssed off at my kids getting their faces shoved in their burgers (twice) by AK-47 wielding thugs in a Spur restaurant in Jozi.

So we came (back) to sunny Scotland, where they clearly know how to play a form of rugby not contemplated anywhere else in the world - almost like underwater rugby, but you can still breathe ...

Doubt we'll go back - bought a house :? :cry: and the kids are all at uni or parenting now ....

But did buy a Cruiser at a reasonable price! (which is being eroded by the price of the imported bits 'n pieces it 'needs' :lol: )

And anyway, someone has to return from the colonies and teach people how to speak the Queen's English again!! And play cricket - how many Saffas in the 'English' cricket team now??

I almost emigrated to jozi back in the early 90's, was weeks away from going when my sponsor had to return to the UK due to the troubles kicking off and the safety of his family, I'd have had a propper SA accent by now, and as in the lethal weapon film I would have been covered by "Diplomatic immunity" :lol:

Nick.

Hello Saffas,

Mates, I am from East Africa, Nairobi, Kenya.

Used to have a Land Rover 109, it kept me busy, always had to carry a screwdriver in my pocket and the tools in the rer boot, as always breaking down.

Made me a mechanic though, learned a lot of stuff, useless stuff now though, as technology had advanced a bit.

But, very happy with Toyota, Have a 100, 80, MK2 hilux and 2 MK6 hiluxs.

But never carry tools around anymore, dont go wrong these....

Left Kenya due to similar problems, of being kidnapped and nearly killed ete etc....

Its better to bear the cold sores, pelting rain and Taxes, than getting shot.

Welcome Saffas

Back