Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Said goodbye to my 150 today :(

Desperately looking for " my other car is a Volvo" stickers for when Cris sees sense, failed miserably but found these... couldn't resist...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 135
You certainly seemed to have had your share of bad luck with the 150.

Like the Volvo - they certainly seem to have made their designs bolder in recent years, whilst other manufacturers have become blander. Though, in fairness they now all seem to much of a muchness these days.....

Personally I love the colour but then again, I love Marmite too :thumbup:

It's contagious...I spent this weekend mulling over replacements for the 100. :doh:

It's contagious...I spent this weekend mulling over replacements for the 100. :doh:

how about i replace your 100 with the £500 i have surly thats agood deal for you 100 into 500???
stu

Don't "upgrade" the 100 for another LC. I upgraded the 120 to the 150 and the 120 is such a good vehicle it's not worth upgrading to a 150. I suspect the 100 will be the same problem (150 is perhaps a bit smaller?)

Get a Robin Reliant for a bit :dance:

Crispin, from my experience Volvos aren't that cheap to run unless you get the sensible (slow) 2WD manual ones. BTW were you tempted by the Polestar S60?
I'll see how I get on with this one. It cannot be more than the 150 to run. I was filling the tank once a week (every 5-6 days).

This is the 2WD option. I'll pit it against the local chav for a test.
I have a big roundabout near me which the one 150 could not do 20mph around without the tyres protesting very very loudly. This one goes around like it's on rails. It's all relative but still a shed load of fun for me at the moment.

I saw the polestar ones and that would defeat my wanting to swap the 150 which was running costs :(

Swapped my insurance today with Chris Knott: £340 :D :D Beats the 1200 I was paying for the 150...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No, if the 100 goes that's it with 4x4s. I'm not getting enough offroad time currently to let its talents shine, and that seems a bit of a waste.

It also partially depends on whether I decide to get rid of my Merc too, as I'd still want something quick on the drive. A new M135i would be £200 a month cheaper on fuel than the 100, it's also cheaper to insure too. Go figure. :lol:

Don't "upgrade" the 100 for another LC. I upgraded the 120 to the 150 and the 120 is such a good vehicle it's not worth upgrading to a 150. I suspect the 100 will be the same problem (150 is perhaps a bit smaller?)

Get a Robin Reliant for a bit :dance:
I must say that I didnt ever feel that it was worth my money to change my 120 for a 150. I was more than happy with my poverty spec LC3. After we sold our 120 we bought a new'ish Honda Civic for her, and I picked up a 2004 Fiat for 450.00 until I decide on for the next few years. Current flavour is a CLS or a CLK. Gra.

Sorry to hear that you had a rough ride with the 150 Crispin, when I spoke to you last you said that you missed the IQ after you'd sold it, I got the felling then that you were leaning towards getting another vehicle, sounds like the running costs and problems helped you make your decision (wasn't aware of your Italian problems, a well written account, your humour shines through!). I reckon your onto the correct path with something economical (ish) for the daily and a 4x4 toy for the weekend and when the weather is bad.

The Volvo looks interesting, style wise they are looking good these days and can be pretty quick. I had a V50 2.0D for a while, pulled so well in 4th gear, I sold it on after 18 months as the gremlins were starting to rear their head, it was an '04 model though. Hope the S60 serves you well, must seem very low after the LC! I have a Merc E220 CDI auto as my daily, its comfortable, smart, quick and economical, after 15 months it still puts a smile on my face and I look forward to driving it. Just feel that I can't see so well ahead to plan my route when in busy traffic.

No, if the 100 goes that's it with 4x4s. I'm not getting enough offroad time currently to let its talents shine, and that seems a bit of a waste.

It also partially depends on whether I decide to get rid of my Merc too, as I'd still want something quick on the drive. A new M135i would be £200 a month cheaper on fuel than the 100, it's also cheaper to insure too. Go figure. :lol:
Doodle, insurance on modified 4x4's seems to be on the up, I wonder if this will force tough decisions for some owners? Very frustrating when running costs become disproportionate.

A parting thought: Its always good to have a few vehicles in the fleet!

Last edited:
Well, at one point there were 7 cars and 3 bikes. :laughing-rolling: Even if I got rid of both for a single replacement, I'd still have my Ducati and the girlfriend's Fiesta.

The insurance is not exorbitant, but when you can insure a brand new £35k car for over 20% less it doesn't help the argument.

I like the yellow pointy things that lorry wheels have to have on their wheel nuts. First time I've ever seen them :|

:laughing-rolling: Aren't there any advantages to being that low to the road Cris? I can't think of any, unless girls in short skirts look even better from that angle...?:think::whistle:

Christ Clive, how tall are these girls? Perhaps in Romania?

Advantages of being this close to the road? I'll let you know when I find one :(

We're going to have a bumper snow season this year too :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Interesting about the gremlins Scott, did you have it from new? My neighbour has just bought a 13 plated one. He's happy as Larry in it. (retired, kid of 60ish and drove a van for the last 20 years)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The only difference you're likely to notice about girls from your new vantage point is that they are actually wearing a bra .

I know, was TIC :) My neighbour has the the SL65 AMG. He actually dislikes it because, apart from the leaky roof it has, he cannot drive it with comfort unless the road is bone dry. It's certainly not an old man's car :icon-surprised:

Back