Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
This afternoon I said goodbye to my 150 :(

From be beginning it has been a problem. In the last 18 months:
I had problems with it before it was delivered.
I had fuelling issues with it at around 10k..
I had brake problems with it which could not be found and eventually left me stranded in Italy last year
I then took it for a service on Saturday and asked them to check the brakes and disks as I suspected they were warped. I was right. After 30k miles in it had chewed up a pair of front disks pads as well as badly warped the disks due to "over heating" (WTF?)
It also needed two new front tyres as they were shot.

It must be said though that Simon came through on all faults and always got it sorted out. Top chaps those.

But, not understanding why the disks had over heated (all pistons were free) my fear was that new disks etc were just a stop-gap measure so, on my way home on Saturday after the service I stopped off at Volvo and too a S60 R-Design for a drive. It put a smile on the face the comfy couch could not do. A quick confab with TonyP to make sure I was not being an idiot proved we're both idiots. I ordered it yesterday and took delivery today. :D

As Tony said - the colour is like Marmite :)

s60-2 (Custom).png

s60-1 (Custom).png

IMG_6792.JPG

It's obviously a very different ride to the 150 and so far, a shed load of fun.

I'll miss the 150 and the presence and comfort it had on the road but this should be a lot of fun. :D

Cheers,
Crispin
Another member without a LC :(

Attachments

• s60-2.png
    s60-2.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 205
  • s60-1.png
    s60-1.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 177
Somtimes you just get a bad car! Gutted for you Crispin. Goes to prove that newer isn't always better!
Volvo looks nice though:icon-twisted:

This would seem to be similar to the Audi midlife crisis of some 2 years back that we all had to live through. I suggest contacting said member to find out how to cure your sickness...and for heaven sake leave the rest of your belonging in the man cave until you are 100% certain you don't want them anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have to say bad luck with the 150 Cris, but a Volvo? Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with Volvo,

except that............

it's just a Volvo :shifty:

This would seem to be similar to the Audi midlife crisis of some 2 years back that we all had to live through. I suggest contacting said member to find out how to cure your sickness...and for heaven sake leave the rest of your belonging in the man cave until you are 100% certain you don't want them anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ha ha. Good point. There were two members weren't there? They're both worse off now than before the crisis...:lol:

Don't worry, the man-cave is staying put and even better stocked now with the savings I'll be making :)

Enjoy the new car... bring it round and we can break it in proper like, I'm sure if we tried hard enough we could get it up a bank or two :laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have to say bad luck with the 150 Cris, but a Volvo? Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with Volvo,

except that............

it's just a Volvo :shifty:

There was nothing that did it for me? I loved Audi but they all look the same now. I would like to do do an experiment and part them nose to nose but at different distances so their perspective changes. I am sure you'll struggle to tell the models apart.
BM? Bleh. Boring and refined. Every knob who thinks he's made it gets a 3 series. Same issues with the models as the Audis.
Merc? Old man's car (as with most current Volvos)

This was just "different"... :D

I think I have 14 days to change my mind under the EU law? :icon-twisted:

Very tidy looking Volvo mate. Shame to hear about the Prado; must have been a lemon!

Aaron

So does this mean you can buy an older LC to still get your 'dirty kicks' Crispin? :think::thumbup:
Ian

;) that's the backup plan. Get a 90 and turn it into a toy. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Crispin, you're dead to me. I can't even hear you talking anymore.

Has anyone seen Crispin? No? OK he must have gone.

OK moving on.....

So you've traded your solid dependable LC (which it seems turned out to be not AS solid and dependable as you had hoped) for a solid and dependable Volvo ....... which free's up cash for an LC TOY !

There's method in the madness me thinks :thumbup:

I like the yellow pointy things that lorry wheels have to have on their wheel nuts. First time I've ever seen them :|

Crispin, you're dead to me. I can't even hear you talking anymore.

Has anyone seen Crispin? No? OK he must have gone.

OK moving on.....

but but dad, you can't do that to me. Again. :icon-cry:

Yes, well, maybe. Just don't tell your Mother, eh?

See if you last longer all the way down there than I did :lol:

Crispin, from my experience Volvos aren't that cheap to run unless you get the sensible (slow) 2WD manual ones. BTW were you tempted by the Polestar S60?

Back