Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain 12th December 2010 Newbie Run?

Dont forget my brother in his Terracan, if needs be, i can lead a shiny/new group because of that as we seem to have enough for two groups.

Paul said:
Dont forget my brother in his Terracan, if needs be, i can lead a shiny/new group because of that as we seem to have enough for two groups.
Right you are, Paul - just updated :thumbup:

Ill see what I can do on the biltong and stokies front as I have 2 saffa shops nearish to me.

At the moment I plan on brining the spare wheel in the car and if we need too....touch wood we don’t....will have to force it on to the alloy of the flat tyre.

I plan on taking it easy and it’s more of a get out the house and see what she can do in some dirt rather than do anything silly.

Wouldn’t mind if someone could take a look at the truck to see why I can seem to get my rear diff to engage and maybe a few other small things.

I think worst case if I need a spare there should be enough people for me to borrow one head straight to the nearest tyre dealer (yet to be established) and have the spare I have swapped over on to the alloy for me to return in time to return the borrowed spare if that makes sense.

Tommo&Claire said:
Yes mate, deployment got cancelled monday so i'm not going anywhere... :(
You'd think at least the military could deal with the snow :lol:

Bad luck with the deployment - presume you'll still get to go?

That means you can help me bleed all my brakes on sat then when i have fitted all the new callipers :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew Prince said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":3h5yanb2]Yes mate, deployment got cancelled monday so i'm not going anywhere... :(
You'd think at least the military could deal with the snow :lol:

Bad luck with the deployment - presume you'll still get to go?[/quote:3h5yanb2]

:text-offtopic:

Basically as i'm bound for a new job on the Tyne i'll have to start all my courses for that job in early february so they've decided to send someone out there who can do the full 6 months.

Bummed that i'm not getting to go out there and do 'my bit' but it means more playing off road in my LC and less getting my ass shot at and blown up, so it's a win really and i shouldn't complain as being shot at is less fun than Hollywood makes out!
:violence-ripper:

Edit: And i do owe Paul a hand when it comes to brake bleeding i seem to recall!

Warren
I do have a few spare rims, but the ideal candidate has a tyre on it
I am sure we could come to some arrangement if I were to give you mine and Jon could replenish my 'stock' when we next see each other
Let me know

Andrew Prince said:
Ok, I've trawled through all 8 pages of this thread and as far as I can make out we have the following coming:

1. Crispin
2. Warren
3. Trevor
4. Tony
5. Andrew
6. Les
7. Paul
8. Tommo
9. Paul's bro (armed with Terror-can)
10. Brett (Les' Saffa mate - is he coming, Les?)

So where are the other Southerners? Lorin, Kevin, Andy, Rob, Jim/Pugwash, Julian, Reinhart, Chas, Dave, Matt, SimonD, Gary, Dave B etc. - none of you fancy a trundle around the Plain? :whistle:

I would have come, but the other half is away working this weekend, and I'm shooting at Bisley on Saturday so my dog sitter is only booked for the one day.

Chas will be shooting a few arrows, I'm in an archery competion, but my thoughts will be with you all, shivering ya nuts off :lol:

andyw said:
I would have come, but the other half is away working this weekend, and I'm shooting at Bisley on Saturday so my dog sitter is only booked for the one day.
now I have heard it all.... can't come and play because there in no dog sitter :D :roll:

Update on Brett for Andrews list. His truck is in bits and he is awaiting bits so doesn't think he will make it.
Paul said:
That means you can help me bleed all my brakes on sat then when i have fitted all the new callipers :thumbup:
For gods sake Paul, don't let him loose with a spanner :naughty: He's such a ham fisted t**t :lol:

I was going to use him in a command role, i hear he can do that :whistle:

One new caliper is now on and bled up, but wonder if the curse of the 80 will strike and it will need doing again, used the pipe under fluid method and pumped loads through to give it a bit of a change. 3 more corners to go :thumbup:

Ecky Thump said:
Update on Brett for Andrews list. His truck is in bits and he is awaiting bits so doesn't think he will make it.
Paul said:
For gods sake Paul, don't let him loose with a spanner :naughty: He's such a ham fisted t**t :lol:

Yeah but some times ham fisted is useful!!

I am in Paul and doing c*ck all as Claire is on nights, so if you need a hand just yell.

Andrew Prince said:
Ok, I've trawled through all 8 pages of this thread and as far as I can make out we have the following coming:

1. Crispin
2. Warren
3. Trevor
4. Tony
5. Andrew
6. Les
7. Paul
8. Tommo
9. Paul's bro (armed with Terror-can)
10. Brett (Les' Saffa mate - is he coming, Les?)

So where are the other Southerners? Lorin, Kevin, Andy, Rob, Jim/Pugwash, Julian, Reinhart, Chas, Dave, Matt, SimonD, Gary, Dave B etc. - none of you fancy a trundle around the Plain? :whistle:

I'm in :thumbup: -somebody better give me a mobile number to call in case we're a bit late :violin: Of course you may all still be eating :D what time again? 10 at the pub?

Cool, as i said, i can lead group one for the easy route as i already have one mapped out. Has a big splash on route but with a get out lane. That should only take up until lunch when it gets back to the pub so new ones can decide if they want to go more adventurous.

I'll be happy to lead a group :shock: :? Don't think we made that many mistakes last time :lol:

Ooh!! Andrew just told me about this!

I'm actually for once in my life not working this Sunday!
I'd like to come along if nobody minds. Do you guys want me to bring anything?

Anyone else coming from Surrey area and using M25 > M3 > A303 route? I'll keep my eye out for other cruisers.
What channel will you all be on?

James Rothwell said:
Anyone else coming from Surrey area and using M25 > M3 > A303 route? I'll keep my eye out for other cruisers.
That'll be me and probably Les too :thumbup:

James Rothwell said:
What channel will you all be on?
Good question - Crispin, did we ever get a verdict on this one?

Back