Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain 12th December 2010 Newbie Run?

Did you hear that 80 fire up next to it :p

Heres my summary from today.

But before I do, huge thanks to one and all for making this a superb day and glad I got to meet you all. Looking forward to the next one already.

Morning
P1010685.jpg

Dagnammit, those pesky Icy Muncjaks
P1010687.jpg

Ecky giving it a good old Thump
P1010688.jpg

Now you see it, now you don't
P1010691.jpg

And off we go
P1010686.jpg

P1010692.jpg

P1010694.jpg

P1010695.jpg

Hyundai articulates
P1010693.jpg

What have we stopped for?
P1010696.jpg

P1010698.jpg

Checking out the dangerous 6" or "Over Wellie" puddle
P1010697.jpg

At Kiwi Hill
P1010700.jpg

Attempt 1
P1010710.jpg

Woopsie and "ooh bugger, you mean I gotta go backwards"
P1010711.jpg

Attempt 2
P1010709.jpg

Attempt 3 or was it 4 or was it 5? Ecky in no danger of being run over be me.
P1010716.jpg

Diesel? Clutch? Steam?
P1010714.jpg

Well, if i can't go up I'll go down instead
P1010730.jpg

P1010732.jpg

Crispin "It's all about the A-Trac Trev"
P1010746.jpg

"I got up here in just me boots"
P1010747.jpg

Oh i love the diesel?clutch?steam? pic with Les striking quite a pose at the top of the hill :lol:

Les's pose is good. I think the way you have added motion blur to this photo is good. Gives the viewer a feeling speed

P1010732.jpg

whereisgibson said:
[youtube:31cu0qvw]bhS8QPYjwHQ[/youtube:31cu0qvw]

I recognise the "taubenreuther" sticker across the bonnet......where did you get that from?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice to meet the new folk, and the old ones too. What a great day today was. The ice was quite thick which made it interesting.

That hill climb was interesting. I though after everyone else had made it up it would be a walk in the park, on my first attmept it was Low centre locked and second gear and I got to that halfway mark and then just sat there churning mud. Rolled back down locked the rear diff and tried again, same result. 3rd attempt I locked all three diffs and thought I would try a slow ascent and did not even get to the hill bit. Last attempt I reverted to form, locked all diffs, and took a run up and gave it loads of power. Made it up but was not easy, was very slippery indeed. :roll:

Andrew, yes you are correct, I love that pic of LB in it's trade mark pose.

Martin, those vid clips from LB do come up quite good indeed. Like that camera.

Jester, no idea about the sticker, it was on LB when I bought it, maybe Chris can enlighten us?

So all in all a good day for me. Came away from a day out without breaking anything, no new dents or scratches, and I was able to keep up with Crispin on the way home without any over heating issues.

Cheers for a great day everyone!

Right Martin

What's the gen on that little camera you were using? Some good filming from it considering it was prone to all the mud and water.

Had a Great day on Sunday, nice to meet everyone and thanks for a Fab lunch...The Terracan did good and i've still got a smile on my face !! :D !!!!!!!!! Karen x

Welcome Karen. It's addictive isn't it :dance:

Karen,

Thanks for taking the photos on my rapid descent, very brave to keep your composure. I was bricking it.

Trev

Les, did you ever sort the videos?

He did. He's waiting for me though to upload them to me. My machine at home died (virus :twisted: ) so have been fixing that. Should get them over the weekend.

nope, BitDefender. Feel like I've been raped :shock:
Running the MS one now on all machines so here's hoping...

Back