Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Right then people, i'll be home next month and want to get the 100 dirty as it has never been off road before and i believe in the manual it says i have to and my warranty on the new bfg's and Ironman will be invalid if i dont. :whistle:

I'm back on the 9th for two weeks, anyone up for it.......even shinys ;)

You talking about March or April, Paul? I am keen but very limited availability before end-April unfortunately (work & holiday travel) but will make it if I'm available on whatever day you choose :thumbup:

Paul said:
.......even shinys ;)
Chas can bring his Lexus then :cool:

I'm tentatively interested as I've always wanted to have a drive around the plains, although it is my wedding anniversary on the 11th March :) Will have to get high level authorisation first and then compare and contrast diary's :) ;) What date/dates do you have in mind and for how long, one or two days? Camping? :D

I'd be up for a ramble round the plain now that I have the Ironman SL etc. However probably don't want anything too "hardcore" as a). I'm a newbie to it and b). I'm a newbie to it and c). only have the OEM recovery points etc. Oh and did I say, I'm a newbie to it? ;)

So if you guys are planning a day's heavy duty off-roading, I don't want to be the party-pooper and am quite happy to stand down.

Andrew Prince said:
You talking about March or April, Paul? I am keen but very limited availability before end-April unfortunately (work & holiday travel) but will make it if I'm available on whatever day you choose :thumbup:

Paul said:
.......even shinys ;)
Chas can bring his Lexus then :cool:
Er, OK . . . but I don't think it could cope with anything more than wet grass :lol:

Sorry Andrew, i meant the 9th March i'm back for two weeks so anytime then. I will probably go a few times anyway. I will try to get info on if it is open nearer the time as this will dictate the actual dates.

I was thinking of doing a few of the routes we know and then have a look around at some others and see what the conditions are like on the day.

No worries for any newbies, we have run a few days before that we very popular with the shinys and newbies as the Plain has such a varied range, its also good as if there are any difficulties on the drive round is easy to find another way. I know last time we had enough people that we made two groups and did different areas. Trevors bumper springs to mind :whistle:

There is normally a very good bbq at lunchtime that is typically South African based but i wont be using the tailgate of the new truck this time and the burning smell is hard to get rid of inside the car.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would be interested, depending on what day it is.

Back