Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

salisbury plain

joe lane

hi all,

im planning a trip to the plains in the easter break, i do have m map and could do with some help regards rules and maybe some lanes or pointers, any help much appreciated. many thanks joe

Hi Joe

I'm surprised by the lack of response here :oops:

C'mon folks, give the guy a few hints a tips :p

BTW, how did your roof tent work out Joe??

Cheers
Gav

I already have a trip planned on the Sunday - going to check out Imber Village with the FWDC.

Hi there Joe :)

Never been to the plain myself, so have no routes, but I've recently been looking @ Memory Map to go onto my new iPad when it lands in a couple of weeks and noticed that they link to a site called Trailblazer.com or words to that effect where you can down load other peoples routes if they have uploaded any for the plains. May be worth a look :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry I have only seen this now. I should be able to help out, how do you plan on getting around the plain...i.e. satnav or paper maps?

Have you made sure there are no planned army activities on the day as it can be a real bugger to drive all the way and not be able to do anything as its all closed off.

I have a number for you but its at home that goes through to head opps room and they can tell you what is going on on the date you have planned.

Let me know if you need it.

hi gents, hi gav, the roof tent is very good mate, still a couple of jobs to get round to, and thanks for help, looks like i got a few good leads :D

with regards trailblazers, will look into this, didnt think mmaps would work on apple due to windows enviroment, would be interested if that works, my ipad would be alot better than my old ibm....lol
thanks for your imput sae70

warrenpfo thanks for reply, i allways use memory map so i have all the lanes but i have no idea regards rules,

this telephone number is promising, would be handy if you care to pass this on, i am planning on going there all the lads are really looking forward to this little trip

fridayman i have just googled imber village, some mention of a church in the middle of tank tracks, how was your day out

many thanks for your replies, catch you all sooner or later

Back