Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seat options

As above Clive, looking really nice in there. [emoji4]

Clive, me ol' pal, any chance of stuffing the passenger seat foam in a bag and sending it to me when you change that one? [emoji4] looks like yours might be available sooner than Rookie's.

You'll be more than welcome to it Rich, when I get around to the passenger side. Although, I'm not 100% my missus is so keen on the leather. She turned her nose up at the sight of her Mazda seat the first time she saw it.

I guess she'll come round. Women, what to say...:icon-rolleyes:

Are they heated Clive?

The old or the new Rich?

The old seats are as basic as seats can get. They slide forward and back, with a seat back rake adjustment lever. No electrics at all, certainly not heaters.

The Maza seats are heated. They sing and dance too :lol:

Yes, I mean the Mazda ones. If Aura is anything like Lynn, and you hook up the heated seats then I'll wager she will grow to love them very quickly. [emoji4]

And thank you for the offer of the seat foam. As and when, that'll be great. [emoji4]

Well, winter's almost upon us Rich...

Could be be in with a chance when the heaters are wired up!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's the only thing Lynn likes about the Smart! No, loves about it!!

First step Nick, borrow someone's Mazda 6... :lol:

I've just realized I've jacked Rookie's thread big-time, sorry mate. :text-threadjacked:

But it does show that seats that don't fit can be made to fit (within limits) and someone better at fabrication would/could do a much neater job than me.

If anyone thinks it appropriate, my posts can be moved to a new thread...

No worries! I'm going to do the same thing and I'll be posting on this thread too! It's all good. :thumbup:

Looking good Clive.
Be good when all wired up too, can't beat heated leather seats in winter

Looking good Clive.
Be good when all wired up too, can't beat heated leather seats in winter

Tell me about it Gary, it's only been installed one day and the weather's hovering around zero. Nuff said methinks :crazy:

Nothing wrong with your fabrication ,Clive. That looks really good and strong but simple too. Got me thinking if I could get those seats into my Collie now. Well done that man:clap::clap:

Tell me about it Gary, it's only been installed one day and the weather's hovering around zero. Nuff said methinks :crazy:

I start the 80 up turn the seats on and whack the heater up, by the time the kids are strapped in the seats are warm and the heater is warming up nicely too. Beemer seats warm up quick too and has an electric auxiliary heater.

I start the 80 up turn the seats on and whack the heater up, by the time the kids are strapped in the seats are warm and the heater is warming up nicely too. Beemer seats warm up quick too and has an electric auxiliary heater.

:lol: Looking forward to wiring it up, but it won't be for a while yet. Better carry a hot water bottle to prime the seat...

Back