Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Seat repair

HujSgory

Country Flag
uk
Howdy

Just wondering what the options are for seat repair, ie the driverside split that most 60s seem to have.

A LHD passenger factory seat cover would be sweet.

A donor rear seat stripped of its cover would no doubt assist in the repair of many front seats.....

I understand some American firm is selling fabric that closely matches the original..... $$$$$$$$$$

Binning the seats and putting in something else (not keen on this)

Duct tape and Amazon seatcovers...

What other options exist for fixing this cushion split?

It's not a proper 60 without a split driver's seat:p

One option is to replace the side bolsters with leather/vinyl and keep the original material in the middle

It's not a proper 60 without a split driver's seat:p

One option is to replace the side bolsters with leather/vinyl and keep the original material in the middle
Ah yes, I've seen that done also, looks quite smart, but requires surgery on both seats.

What colour is your interior as I have some spare material that may be able to use as a patch ?

Hi

Seats are grey with black/dark grey lines.
Thanks!!

I have a worn drivers seat base cover in grey with the split in the usual place but a trimmer could use the matching cloth and vinyl to repair the split , you are more than welcome to have it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats great! as you say, a trimmer could have at it and get it sorted out.

I'll message you directly.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael , I’ve just checked I’ve got the base , the seat material is not torn neither is the piping damaged just the vinyl damaged .
I will get it to our yard in Glasgow by next week on one of our wagons where you can collect, all I ask is you do some good deed for a stranger

regards
john

Hi John, thats great! I'll swing by the yard and pick it up.

Really appreciate your generosity with this!

Regards

Michael

you are more than welcome just don’t forget the good deed

Back