Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Service Manual

Sandanona

Country Flag
united_states
Good morning,

I have recently purchased a 1997 Land Cruiser and I am looking for a book on servicing the vehicle like Chiltons perhaps?
I have the owners book and Toyota repair manual but they are missing simple "how to's".
For instance I wanted to replace the air filter, there are several components as part of the actual system, where do I take this apart, second what is the small container for that attaches to the bottom of the filter housing for, dust, dirt?
I would like to understand the simple maintenances I can preform and I am looking for recommendations for those of you with experience and knowledge.

Thank you,
Gerald

Careful of the Chilton's, one of the more serious errors are with the tightening of the wheel bearings.

regards

Dave

Try looking along the top of this page !!!!!!

I'm a new LC owner. I share the same interest as Sandonna and I looked at the top of the page. I don't see a link or anything..... Please clarify. :icon-wink:

I think the service manuals tab might be one of those features of the forum that won't work until you have 15 posts or more though i'm not sure ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That rings a bell Shayne, you could be right.

So, get postin' people!! [emoji6][emoji4]

I just bought a -93 HDJ80 and I'm new to repairing Land Cruisers. I have made good use of these two;
- Haynes Repair Manual 92751 - Toyota Land Cruiser (diesel) 1980 thru 1998 (ISBN 1 56392 372 6)
- Toyota Repair Manual 1PZ, 1 HZ, 1 HD-T Engine (RM172E)

/Patrik

Patrick,
Thank you for the information, I have seen the manual on e bay but did not order as I have a gasoline model.
I have the large Toyota repair manual but it does not help for items like this.

Gerald

No I do not see the tab, if some replies posted are correct that one needs to have at least 15 posts I will be a long time in getting there.
It seems odd to have such a restriction if the point is sharing and helping those who are just starting out in ownership of these great vehicles.

I was having the same issue. I refuse to use a chitons book I have been looking for a phisical copy of a 94 lc book for a minute... Guess I need to post up and stop lurking all of you. Haha

Rick

Back