Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

She's on her way !

Supposedly 19th July, maybe that's why it was so cheap to ship. Stops at every major port en route.

Second leg is a bit quicker then in terms of miles covered. I guess running a ship that size takes some doing. Never really considered that they stop along the way. Kinda thought they set off and then arrived and that was it. Imagine trying to organise all those containers to being in the right order.

Chris

It takes 19 days for the expensive option.. But if you're not in a rush then ;)
Theatre shipping companies also run on "African time"?

Yep, I found out today the the truck was loaded at Tilbury onto a "feeder vessel", which took it to Rotterdam. It sat there for 3 days awaiting the arrival of the ship from Capetown via Walvis Bay & Vigo.

That then spent 2 days in Rotterdam before going North to Hamburg 3 days then south to Antwerp 3 days, then 3 days to Lisbon, where she is docked since this morning.

Lord knows where else it'll stop, but as long as it gets to Cape Town by 23rd I'm not too bothered.

That's quite funny - had you known you could have driven to Lisbon, had fun and still got it in the ship ... :lol:

Hi,I'm a newbie here!
Your truck really looks the part!
I'll be in CT during the last half of july and august.
Give a shout, for a meetup!
Miles of smiles!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Re: She's on her way ...very very slowly

Well Well Well.... truck still not landed RSA.

Latest AIS broadcast reports vessel docked Walvis bay, having bunkered for 3 days in the bay.

Yesterday the clearing agent states they need more money to clear customs as the vehicle's been "selected for special clearance" by customs!!

I fly on Tuesday and the vehicle is still some 900 nautical miles (3 days sail) from its destination, having left the UK over 5 weeks ago!
I hope this isn't a portent of things to come.

It'll work out.. And it'll all be a distant memory after the first mile on the open road!
See you there in a couple months..

I would ask what is "selected for special clearance"

Gra.

Back