Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

She's on her way !

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
After months of fixing and tinkering the camel is on her way to ZA..

Fully packed and ready
IMG_0269.jpg

At docks
IMG_0286.jpg

Container'd
IMG_0306-1.jpg

Loaded and locked
IMG_0310.jpg

Off to ship
IMG_0314.jpg

Right I now need to find a project to keep me occupied for a few weeks till it arrives...

How long will it take to get there? When are you going?

Oh and the least you could have done was polish the tyres :lol:

TonyP said:
How long will it take to get there? When are you going?

Oh and the least you could have done was polish the tyres :lol:

Off to Cape Town.... arrives on 19th July..... "inshallah"

Can't get rid of that ruddy Lincomb mud!!

All the best :thumbup:

From the various threads, I know your 80 is one of the best prepped trucks I have seen :cool:

Is this a trip or something more permanent ?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to regular updates and loads of pics.... :thumbup:

Nice :) truck's looking great..
I'm guessing from the spare wheel in front that you had to remove the roof rack, tent etc to fit it in right?
I'll be shipping mine some time so keen to know as mine will be packed full with stuff!
(please keep an eye on that spade!)
Happy travels and see you in SA somewhere..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Chadr,

Thanks chap, have spent a long time trying to get the truck right. Sending truck for a year to do Africa and then will return to UK or ship to Aus. Will def be posting some trip updates from the bush.

@Matt,

Matt, my truck as you know has a 6" lift and with roof rack is 2.20m. Had to remove tent and the spare, but the truck fitted in, just, without having to remove the rack. Had pretty good service from shipping agent, so if you want a heads up, PM me.

Still room in the back for a bottle of sherry. Think you may have slipped up there. :naughty:

Looks nice and secure in there. You did apply for a licence to export the precious Lincomb mud and the inevitable Vietnamese Balsam seeds that were probably lying dormant in there. You may have inadvertently solved Africa's water crisis. :lol: :lol:

Chris

good luck on your trip. :thumbup:

hoping to have some pics of my truck in a container like that soon. :dance:

Nice truck. Good luck with the trip :thumbup:

That last photo looks scary .... Hoi, take it easy, thats my precious in there!!

Olazz said:
@Chadr,

@Matt,

Matt, my truck as you know has a 6" lift and with roof rack is 2.20m. Had to remove tent and the spare, but the truck fitted in, just, without having to remove the rack. Had pretty good service from shipping agent, so if you want a heads up, PM me.
Thanks a lot for the info, that's VERY useful
I had a mate ship a landrover 110 last year and he has a 2" lift with 265/85's - and he had to remove the rack and everything on top so I'm amazed yours fitted so nicely :) good work!
That's great news, you made my weekend!

Looking good :thumbup:

What's the round thing bolted to the spare wheel?

I’m absolutely green with jealousy.
The best of luck on your travels.
Are you going to have a blog website?

@ Matt, sent you details via email.

@ Bat21, it's for a little experiment I'm going to try in the bush. If it works I will post on here with pictures!

@Marius, yep should be a great trip, first of a few over then next year as I will leave truck at Home. Not too sure about a blog site, many people have been there and written great reports. Not sure I will give it the time and justice it would deserve. I have invested quite heavily in broadcast quality camera gear for both filming and photos, and the idea is to record my travels and get a film producer and editor buddy of mine to put together a film of my experiences over the next 12 months, From Fish river canyon, Sossusvlei, Etosha, Van Zyls, Caprivi, Mana pools, then some time to visit Shiwa N'gandu Congo basin end of Zambia, then def back to Zim (home), then Ghonerzhou, Biera, Quelimane, Sofala, down coast back through Swazi, Durbs then Cape town. Basically a big, big loop from Cape town to Congo basin and back. Very tempted with Madagascar, so looking onto that very thoroughly. Yep gonna have very itchy feet for next four weeks!

Can't do all emoticons on my phone, but *mr green*!! I'll see you en route from time to time..

Impressive... take plenty of pics with the truck.
Also a record of maintenance with pics would be helpful.
Hope all goes well for you.. "Inshallah"! :)

Imtiaz

ajnabi said:
Also a record of maintenance with pics would be helpful.
Hope all goes well for you.. "Inshallah"! :)

Imtiaz

Maintenance?....maintenance?..... its a Landcruiser, as you well know they never need ANY maintenance ! ;)

Truck left UK on 15th June, and unknown to me then via, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Antwerp.
This is the AIS vessel position as at 5pm today, just out of Biscay; will dock Lisbon before finally being Africa bound proper!

Ais.jpg

Blimey, it's a slow old process. When does it get to Africa-land?

Chris

Back