Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Show us all your snorkel - clean 'cruisers please

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

I was thinking of a thread that will show all the different Land Cruisers, with all the different snorkels that are available.
It would be good to describe the snorkel in some way as to maker or origin.
The images posted could show a front , a three quarter, or a side view.
Please post pictures of clean, not mudded up to the eyeballs sort of images.

Here is my 2005 LC3.
Chinese snorkel, copied from Safari, even had Safari template.
I had it high build primered, then sprayed Argenta silver to match.

Attachments

• Land Cruiser snorkel.jpg
    Land Cruiser snorkel.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 588
I must say that looks sooo much better in matching colour.

Had to go back 3 years to find a clean cruiser pic!
frontside.jpg

Ironman snorkel.

not really designed for the LJ/KZJ70, but it fits the profile of the wing and angle of the windscreen. I suspect its designed for a troopy, which would explain why the snorkel top is above the height of the LJ/KZJ windscreen.

The only other proper snorkels that ive seen in the UK for 70's, are made by a Dutch company called BIT, but there very expensive. :)

170.jpg

173.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My 70 wearing its homebrewed snorkel with pride.
2.5" exhaust pipe, cut and shut to suit, local shop supplied the flexihose to connect to the airbox, and another local supplier sold me the tractor intake. Painted same colour as car.

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Thats a tidy home made snorkel you have there nivapilot :thumbup:

Safari snorkel, and that's with the standard suspension before the 3" lift. The right hand rear wheel was just lifting off.

Attachments

• Axle Twister 1.jpg
    Axle Twister 1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 455
Ecoman said:
Thats a tidy home made snorkel you have there nivapilot :thumbup:

I was well chuffed with it, worked out a piece of cake really to install, hardest part was cutting the pipe and then rotating and welding, to get the right angle...fitted the flexihose to the bottom of the pipe and fed it through the wing, fished it out of the engine bay end and connect to airbox....................then just floor the throttle and listen to the luvverly slurping noises.. :thumbup:

On it's way to Holland now...been sold...have an Alien snorkel for my 80, and after seeing a pic of Grahams, think I might try to get it painted..

Back