Country Flag
south_africa
I'll kick this off with mine

IMG_0377.jpg

Mine is the one on the right :)
IMG_0392.jpg

Mine in foreground
IMG_0471.jpg

Took a wrong turning looking for a shopping mall and the next thing I new I was in the middle of the Sahara :lol:
morroco309.jpg

I can see why you need a 105 for that terrain Keith :lol: Nice truck though ;)

What lift are you running Julian and what rear springs have you got?

Jon, Front was set at about 2" and the rears are OME 863's, that pic is looking down hill at it

Julian said:
Jon, Front was set at about 2" and the rears are OME 863's, that pic is looking down hill at it

Ok, thanks, so you've probably got about a 30mm lift in the rear and less rake front to back for the 2" at the front? TBR list the 863's as only being a 10mm lift on a 100 but that's probably with a lot of weight on them judging by what happens when you put them under the back of an 80 :roll: I've got 540mm hub centre to rear arch on the rear after I subtract 40mm for the body lift. I measured PtP's stock truck as 510/520. My front is 530mm at the moment. Be interested to see your numbers before I make these rear spacers.

Jon, TBR's measurements for the 863's doesn't make much sense to me, most other people on ih8mud refer to the 863's as 3" lift springs, all I can tell you at the moment, is that it is much higher with 863 than stock.
When we have got the ARB done and my nice shinny Fox's are on, I think it might be a nice idea to get the 2 trucks together on a nice flat surface with a tape measure and a 30mm socket.
I am hoping to get the front to about 2.5" lift, giving as much down travel as possible from the longer shocks and the JT upper arms, some people have said you can get to about 3" lift out of this set up for the front but I am more interested in down travel and long lasting CV joints!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Julian said:
Took a wrong turning looking for a shopping mall and the next thing I new I was in the middle of the Sahara :lol:

But, , , , did you remember the bread and milk :lol:

Nice truck !!

Very nice Navraj, looks like the road sweapers don't do a very good job by your shops :mrgreen:

Here's my shopping trolley :D

IMAG0008.jpg

Just in the middle now of plumbing in the CB for 4x4 Response work. It's going to stay near standard apart from a few things such as the CB, in car computer eventually and maybe over time put Cooper STs on to replace the BFG ATs when they wear out. It pretty much suits what I need it for straight out of the box. May also lok to do some sort of modification to the air box inlet so that I can run it to the rear of the engine bay for any flooding. Don't want to fit a snorkle as to be honest it doesn't really need it. Just going to keep it near standard and concentrate on keeping everything running proper.

Yeah but mine will, mainly due to the fact that if it doesn't I'll be too dead to make the neccessary changes - The wife like's it as it is, it's clean as a whistle and to be honest I can't honestly justify any major changes to myself let alone her - she did pay half of it after all.

For the use I put it too, no need for anything radical, yes it may go off road occasionally but nothing too daunting. If I was going to do anything more radical than that I'd go and get me a 40 and put a nice big yank V8 in it. Fancy a Soft Top 40 with a nice Small Block in it with a slush box, 35s etc :D . Other than that I'll just drive this one pretty much as it came out of the factory, it is very nice in a boulevard cruiser sort of way as well as having that knowledge that even straight out the box, nothing that much is going to stop you unless you are going into off road plaything territory.

No that was for the oil leak on my 80 that I had sold, had a slight drip from the front crank seal that I fixed and a slight one from the back which I hadn't. At the time it was full of water so I hadn't moved it yet. The 100 is nice and clean with no leaks which pleases the wife no end. Now got a whole lot of new block pavers to replace the oily ones with and the drip tray is back in the garage.

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

FJ 100 , 4500efi, GX_R, IFS, LHD, Bi-Fuel
Left Hand Drive
Safari Snorkel
Cooper Discovery S/T 285 x 75 x 16r
ARB Front Bumper
ARB Rear Bumper
Piranha Dual Battery System
Old Man Emu Suspension
K&N Air Filter
Modified Head
Borla Free Flow Exhaust
Midland CB
Icom IC-V8000 Radio
IPF XS 9000 Spots
HID Xenon High,Low and Spots
Custom Jerry Can x2 Holder (Rear)
Custom Roof Top Tent
LED Scene Light
Custom BBQ Grill

IFS vs SFA (Independent Front Suspension vs Solid Front Axle)

Also in most markets the 100 came out with the more modern 4.7l V8 petrol (2UZ) and the intercooled TD 4.2 (1HD-FTE) whereas the 105 has the normally aspirated 1HZ diesel and the 4.5l straight 6 petrol (1FZ-FE)

Cosmetically they look very similar but there are quite a lot of differences beneath the skin too. The 105 only came out in the basic GX spec (manual, cloth seats, limited elec goodies etc) or GXL in Aus (auto an option in petrol versions). 105 very much intended as a workhorse.
Different chassis too, so bullbars and rear bumpers are not interchangeable.
100 series is much more refined in VX form, with lots of electrics, AHC in many cases etc etc.

I note BlackBetty above has a 100 with the 1FZ, which was not an option in the UK AFAIK.

Cheers,

Back