Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Side indicator removal...

Yeah, moved that badboy but could only just about get a flinger on the on the fecker - will maybe try for the full arterial bleed tomorrow... :roll:

Gav Peter said:
The schnorkel is on, for now - I suspect that I may have to take it off again as I haven't been able to get to the jubilee clip that clamps the rubber to the schnorkel to wind it up nice & tight... Unless someone can suggest a trick for me to do it in situ...

If you remove the side light you can get to it from the front of the car using a long screwdriver.

Gav Peter said:
Using my 20-20 hindsight, it would be better to align everything including that hose so the schnorkel before final assembly so it can be removed to tighten that clip up...

Yes, can make it a little easier :)

Gav Peter said:
And how de feck do you get to that top nut above the indicator??? I managed the lower one (naaaah naah nah nah naaaah Matt!!! :p ) but have no answer to the top one... :oops:

You need long thin arms - also a ratchet spanner with the nut held into it with a blob of superglue helps.

Cheers Julian - all useful tips bar the bit on long thin arms... That ain't ever going to be me!!! :lol: :lol:

I'll have a look at the front indicator removal for access to the clip. I also need to get the disc of metal out from the inner wing from the big hole as it fell in... :oops:

I don't know if its my imagination but MUX seemed to have a good bit more ooompf this morning with the schorkel fitted :cool:

Gav Peter said:
I don't know if its my imagination but MUX seemed to have a good bit more ooompf this morning with the schorkel fitted :cool:
More like post-DIY euphoria - that well documented phenomenon enjoyed by DIY'ers around the world when their pride & joy actually runs normally after recent TLC from the ham-fisted owners :laughing-rolling:

:thumbup: Glad it's all gone well from the sounds of things :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Ham fisted!!!! I sir am indignant at that slur upon my... Nah - you're right :lol:

Back