Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Side mirror glass removal........???

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I'm toying with the idea of fitting some micro cruise/LED day light running lights into each of the side mirrors on Fiery to use as trail lights :)

I was having a tug @ the glass earlier on today trying to pull it off to see how much room there is behind it but it was not comeing off easily :( Is it possible to remove the glass (preferably without breaking it) so I can have a look inside the mirror housing to size it up for fitting either an 55watt halogen or an LED light fitting into it :D

Do I just need to be braver & pull harder :twisted: :p

If anyone has any photos of one stripped down it would be nice to see 'em :thumbup:

Here's a thread on Shroshire Suzuki that shows the kind of thing that I'm trying to achieve http://www.shropshire-suzuki.co.uk/foru ... ail+lights :D

Here's some pics of Skitimes photos from Pennsylvania, USA after he'd fitted them to his Vitara side mirrors :)

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_00672.jpg

DSC_00702.jpg

DSC_00722.jpg

I managed to identify the lights he'd bought from his local Walmart for $15 as these Ring Micro fog lights & so bought myself a set from Halfords to fit to my own Vit but they just became the flotsam of another unrealised project after I sold my Vit to buy Fiery :lol:

Cruise%20lite%20BLR0370.jpg

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product ... ?prod=1067

But need to have a look inside my mirror housing before I get all to excited :)

Attachments

• DSC_0073.jpg
    DSC_0073.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_00672.jpg
    DSC_00672.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 167
Try looking for a small hole under the mirror housing, on the 80 series you use s cross head screwdriver to undo the retaing arms through this hole.

Ah right OK I'll give that a look in the morning then as I've just had a roast & a couple of cans of beer & the sun is now setting over Essex Oh & it's persisting it down aswell :)

Thank's

Awesome idea Steven,

Reckon you might just have started something here ;)

Ecky Thump said:
Awesome idea Steven,

Reckon you might just have started something here ;)
I can't take the credit for this idea it comes from the US they call them Rock/trail lights. They are for illuminating the rocks & ruts infront of & alongside the front tyres also a good part of everything alongside & too the front of you aswell :) This idea was brought to my attension by Skitime from off of Shropshire Suzuki ware he also caused a stir with the idea :D I'm just following in his wake (copying) :D ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello the mirror should just pull from the bottom half as the top has two locating lugs that you do not want to break.

Joe

P.s they do look a good idea :thumbup:

silvercruiser said:
Hello the mirror should just pull from the bottom half as the top has two locating lugs that you do not want to break.

Joe

P.s they do look a good idea :thumbup:
So no screw then just get hold & tug from the bottom :?: Or remove screw first then get hold & tug from the bottom :?: :)

Have you [s:37k33qsl]broken it[/s:37k33qsl] got it off yet Steve? ;)

Gav Peter said:
Have you [s:1i6cvned]broken it[/s:1i6cvned] got it off yet Steve? ;)
No not yet :D But I'm going to have a go @ sorting out my rattling gear stick today so I'll have a go @ it then :thumbup: Do you want some pics :?:

Definitley - mine rattles like a stick in a bucket too... I keep meaning to have a look at it but...

:thumbup:

Gav Peter said:
Definitley - mine rattles like a stick in a bucket too...
When I was @ my local Yota dealers picking up some parts rescently I asked for a price on a new gearstick :D The very nice man said £88 + VAT (That's £103.40) :shock: :!: You can buy alot of mastic for that I replied :lol: I wonder what Ian can get them for :?:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8066

sae70 said:
I wonder what Ian can get them for :?:

Part number 33530-60340 is not on my list, I will contact my supplier and find out.

Ian

Right I've spent some more time trying to get a mirror removed from one of my side mirrors :) Can't do it :!: I've pulled & tugged as hard & as firm as I dare :) I can't see any securing screws or holes in the housing that may be the answer :? :)

Anyone got the knowledge then :?: Cause I'm stumped :? Do I just need to pull harder :?:

Please help :pray:

Hello Steve i think ive got a spare in the garage that i can take a picture of if it helps as its already seperated then you know where the lugs etc are.
Joe

That would be great :thumbup:

Had another play with this earlier :roll: Grrrrrrrrrrr...........I'm going to break it before I find out how to get it off the right way :? :p

and another
lcmirror1.jpg

its got the outer casing missing and i just thought its an electric mirror if it makes any difference.

joe

Back