Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sidebar thingy

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Not sure how many people know about this or use it so I thought I might shout about it.

When viewing the list of forums, to the right of the list near the top is a button with two arrows on. Click it.
It will bring out a sidebar with all the latest activity in it. The top one is real-time (i.e. it updates as people do things) the one below is cached and only updates every 10 minutes or so.

Currently there are 3 sections, current activity, real-time stuff and most active topics. I’m not really if you can enable or disable them as a user, someone let me know. If you can then I can add more (ideas?) and people can choose the ones they want.

It’s a handy way to see all recent activity (Looks towards Chas!) at a glance.

Thoughts?

Thanks Crispin. Funnily enough that side bar is there on my page at the moment, but I didn't select it,:confusion-confused: I shall give it more attention now.

PS
Is there any way of re-arranging the smilies to make the more commonly used ones appear at the top of the list? and any chance of adding a cross of St George flag? we have a Union Flag, a Canadian and a Ukranian flag :confusion-confused:

Last edited:
Back