Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sky / Satellite question

joinerman

Garage
We have for years had a tv in the kitchen which is linked to our main telly & sky box by a coax aerial lead & we could watch sky or freeview in the kitchen, recently i bought a new smart tv for the kitchen & we can no longer get sky in the kitchen, there is only one HDMI outlet on the sky box that is connected to HDMI 3 outlet on the lounge telly, can i connect another HDMI lead from either of the other two HDMI outlets on the back of the telly & plug into the HDMI outlet on the back of the smart tv in the kitchen ?

Based on my experience with our TV’s I would say not JM. The HDMI ports on our main TV are inputs or “sources”, as they are referred to in the instructions and not outputs. Yours could be different though. Have a read through the user guide for your lounge TV and see if the HDMI ports are input, output or both.

May be with calling sky to cancel, then see if they will give you a deal on skyQ They have a small repeater box for each tv you want to add

Cheers

Don't want Q Jake, so many people around my area are complaining of it not working properly.

We had to take the Q option when our old obsolete Sky+ box (non HD) packed up and I couldn’t find a decent refurbished one but, save for the very occasional glitch requiring a reboot of both boxes, we’re very pleased with how they work. Sure, I find the program guide format annoying and one or two other little niggles but, overall they have great functionality and work well with the Ipad/IPhone with their Sky Q and Sky Go Apps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
T if you just want to watch the same thing on both tv's get a y-splitter off eBay for £2
Good call KB. Except you will need to run an HDMI lead from the Main sky box to the TV in the kitchen via said splitter rather than the CoAx. Otherwise it’s a second Sky box or Sky Q. If you ask me they’re far too expensive and I would go with freesat if I wanted but of course Sky has so much control over much of the sport etc.

Hmm, on reading the instructions from sellers you can watch one or the other but not both at the same time.

Hi. Does your smart TV have analogue tuning as well as digital? If it does just connect the coax to the aerial input as before and you then need to switch on your sky box. Re tune the TV using both digital and analogue tuners and the sky signal from your box should appear on the analogue tuner around channel 28. I am assuming that you have a sky+ hd box as I have and your coax is connected to the second coax output on the back of the box. This works with both TVs in our bedroom and our sons room, I just put a splitter in line in the attic to feed both rooms upstairs. You will only be able to watch the same channel on both TVs though. I take it you already have free view in the kitchen ok. HTH

Back