Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slindon Safari

Julian said:
Had my pass sighned, see you in the morning about 10, Tommo what sort of time are you heading off?
Ian sorry to hear about the green car, you could bring the red one, last time I went it was not too difficult

Erm, in about 5 mins!!

Well I really enjoyed today, not too busy and learnt a couple of things about the 80 and 90 series. Nice to meet you all!

If anyone has got any photos of me and putting them on facebook please tag me so I can see them, it's mr(dot)rothwell(at)gmail.com.

Thanks!

I thought that I would just tag along to see what it is all about, and ended up having a great time and being truly amazed by what my "car" can do (in completely stock form)!

Here is Tommo doing a tricky elbow descent in his very nice 90. It doesn't look that steep but at the end of the vid we're looking down onto his roofrack... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hddAwy6mgpk

Nice to see you guys. Enjoyed the day without doing anything too technical.
Still managed to dent both port side doors though.......bu**er.

I don't do the facebook thing James, can't be bothered with it :?

I'll sort through my limited photos and post them on here.

Ecky Thump said:
Enjoyed the day without doing anything too technical.
What did you manage to hit, Les - without being too technical :think:
Bad luck - hope the damage is nothing too significant!

Andrew Prince said:
[quote="Ecky Thump":gw421bv3]Enjoyed the day without doing anything too technical.
What did you manage to hit, Les - without being too technical :think:
Bad luck - hope the damage is nothing too significant![/quote:gw421bv3]

You know them posh plastic bits on the bottom of my doors that no-one else seems to have :?:

They don't look so posh no more :doh:
The rivets gave out on my side step and the doors are next in line. Funnily enough it was the same place as the video of Tommo on Fridayman's post.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A good video actually, i think it looked more technical when i walked it than it actually was, but it was a bit tight for the 80's and Julian's 100!

Did we get any video of that descent we did near the end which showed the extremes of our suspension articulation?????

I suspect even Mr Rubie's monster might have got a wheel off the deck there.

Yep it was tight :shock: , thanks for spotting for me! Made a little more difficult with the lack of locking center diff and one of the wheels of the ground but fun non the less

Julian said:
Yep it was tight :shock: , thanks for spotting for me! Made a little more difficult with the lack of locking center diff and one of the wheels of the ground but fun non the less

Made an awesome noise when you were trying to get back up that hill though!!

Tommo&Claire said:
Julian said:

Made an awesome noise when you were trying to get back up that hill though!!

Glad it sounded nice outside, inside I wasn't sure it wasn't ripping itself apart :eusa-pray:

I went through my videos yesterday, they are pretty cool!

I shall post them onto here when I've hosted them somewhere.

urm, yes please! :drool:

We have a youtube channel you can stick them onto ( :thumbup: ) or just stick them into youtube and then post them here

I think the cross axle videos of the 80s and 90s is very cool, demonstrates just how much a difference locking diffs makes. Also the video of going up a massive hill is so cool.

I'll do it tonight and post a link.

James Rothwell said:
I think the cross axle videos of the 80s and 90s is very cool, demonstrates just how much a difference locking diffs makes. Also the video of going up a massive hill is so cool.

I look fwd to seeing these too

James Rothwell said:

................................. :whistle: .................................

Come on James, finger out, we're all waiting with baited breath ;)

Back