Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Smart Collie.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Had a mate come down for a visit yesterday from West Yorks in a rather tasty Colorado.

1KZ with 250K on it, had a drive, pulled like a train, very impressed.

IMG_2534.JPG

That does look Smart Andy... Is it just as good underneath?.....Black wheels suits it..

Looks nice Andy... was it your first drive with the 1kz? How does it compare to the D4D?

They're a great motor! :thumbup:

My 1kz with 127k miles pulls really well and has pretty good acceleration, more than enough for what I need. Also pretty quiet at motorway speeds, much quieter than my old LR Tdi and Td5.

You seem to attract all the good Collies Andy...... Might be a side line Beckoning.... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks very nice Andy... was it your first drive with the 1kz? How does it compare to the D4D

was it your first drive with the 1kz? How does it compare to the D4D?
was it your first drive with the 1kz? How does it compare to the D4D

IMG_1156.JPG

This was my D4D Colorado, this was after I raised/ruined it with Pedders suspension. I was always amazed at its pulling power and effortless speed. I did however buy a Tunit chip for it only to find it already had one on and that probably what helped it to be a real hooligans express.
I had previously driven a guy's down the village 2000 1KZ auto and was very impressed with how well it went, just as I was yesterday droving the red manual one. The characteristics of the engines are so different though, the 1KZ seems to be a bit gruff in comparison to the D4D's smoothness but in everyday motoring i feel you'd hardly notice any difference until you wanted to pass something and the D4D would just walk away from the 1KZ.
The black Collie never left me stranded on the outside when overtaking and I think it would have the edge on the 120 ( with a chip too).

Back