Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snow Watch

Clive,That is amazing,I had know idea that there could possibly be snow that deep and the poor folks how they suffered.Snow oust doesn't happen where we live.It was an eye opener.Thanks for the video.Pat

At 3.30 in the 1949 video I think Phil Roberts hair got a bit windswept in that storm and never recovered.Sorry I shouldn't take the mick I know.

20171213_195536.jpg
Bit of a surprise.

Ashbourne at the min. The forecast has given it in till 4am. We shall see....

20171213_201112.jpg

You guys get all the fun! I'e not had to engage my (single) diff lock in my lolly yet, although the arse end did start going sideways at one point.

You guys get all the fun! I'e not had to engage my (single) diff lock in my lolly yet, although the arse end did start going sideways at one point.
Result! Youve finally got that back end to give way.:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Difflock? Nah, bring on the VC, works wonders in the snow:thumbup: (cue VC useful vs useless argument):lol:. Just woke up from a little siesta and found it's snowing like crazy here at the mo and well covered. Was forecast as rain. Boooooo!

It's snowing in Leicestershire now

This was in my lorry, i know it has a rear diff lock which ive tested but never used, it also has a dial for a centre diff lock which is strange as its not a 4wd.

It's blowin a hooley down here at the moment, will have a look at my fences in the morning, and been bucketing with rain all day, might find a puddle to play in

My mate found some snow yesterday high up on Exmoor, around Exford somewhere

I thought Lolly was his pet name for his 80.....

On the drive home tonight in Sheffield! Not forecast-just rain..... dad took this as I was driving the van (before anyone says anything haha)

IMG-20171213-WA0001.jpg

Loving this thread, its white-over here in Montreal, but only a couple of inches. There’s. None back home in Romania yet...

Watched this today...

I just played your snow video for my wife and it absolutely amazed her.
Things young people should learn are not to be scared of manual work as
it keeps you fit and more able to deal with setbacks.Those tremendous ladies
on the farms,no supermarkets for them,make it,preserve it and when you need to,pickup the shovel and start shovelling snow.What great resilience they showed.

on the farms,no supermarkets for them,make it,preserve it and when you need to,pickup the shovel and start shovelling snow.What great resilience they showed.
AKA. Character building..

It’s an eye opener I think, unless you’ve experienced it yourself. Modern amenities protect us these days, mobile phones and more agile rescue services etc.

It’s -14C here in Montreal today, and even on just a short 10 minute walk from the metro to the office, with ears burning with the cold (it’s windy too) I was thinking of those in the vid sitting in a wooden shack around a little open log fire for 9 weeks or more!!

Man they must have been frozen to the bone.

It’s an eye opener I think, unless you’ve experienced it yourself. Modern amenities protect us these days, mobile phones and more agile rescue services etc.

It’s -14C here in Montreal today, and even on just a short 10 minute walk from the metro to the office, with ears burning with the cold (it’s windy too) I was thinking of those in the vid sitting in a wooden shack around a little open log fire for 9 weeks or more!!

Man they must have been frozen to the bone.
They were just natural born workers and never knew what the next day would
throw at them.I am trying to get my youngest to let me teach his kids how to
work.He thinks my era was too tough,but we worked to get ahead and enjoyed
lots of laughs and some sadness too.I admire our young friend Ben in Aussie,
now he has the bull by the horns and deserves to get ahead.
Enjoy Christmas Clive,I guess you'll be homeward bound this coming week.Pat

Back