Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So what do you think?

You'd be better throwing your money down the drain!!

They are made to turn by the air passing through them, so this will slow the air down. Less air in the engine will make it go slower and less power.

Paul

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you cannot increase the mass flowrate of the air without using energy. where is the energy meant to come from, the flow itself? yes the first one fan does drive the second fan which then in turn speeds up the stagnant/slow air in between the fans but even it was 100% efficient (impossible due to frictional losses and stagnant/slow air build up in between the fans due to the pipe being the same diameter) you will get the same mass flowrate as before.

can't go wrong with putting a significant blockage in the intake pipe- that's always useful!

pugwash said:
can't go wrong with putting a significant blockage in the intake pipe- that's always useful!

That is what I keep trying to tell the wife :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

they really understand how jet engines work don't they, maybe they should give the manufacturers some tips :shock:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
they really understand how jet engines work don't they, maybe they should give the manufacturers some tips :shock:
:lol:

Cheers guys, sort of what I thought but needed someone to put it into a more eloquent manner than I am capable of :geek:

This was a query from a mate of mine, now I can be a smart ar*e when I give him the answer. :lol:

Hang on though..........

What if you drove it with the used exhaust gases connected to a turbine to push more air into the engine......oh wait.....already got one of those fitted as standard........ ;)

A vortex is a very interesting thing.

If you want some very insightful reading about vortex, water etc, from a very clever fella hop over to scribd.com and get the books about Viktor Schauberger.

I doubt the device you see has merit but i think the principle is sound.

adrianr said:
I doubt the device you see has merit but i think the principle is sound.
have a look at how jet engines work and remember energy cannot be created or destroyed

EDIT: also why do both existing solutions (turbo and supercharger) both have to be driven?

Hey Rob

Was not doubting that nor the driving force required for the other processes. There are plenty of energy types out there that with current "available" technology there is an inability to record register or even notice.

Schaubergers books are very insightful. In particular when it comes to centripetal force and centrifugal force, amongst other things.

Back