Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Soggy brakes

Cheers guys. With a it of luck I will get it back tomorrow. I am hoping the EBC pads are ok - like David, loaded it's about 3.5 t with the pooches and Mrs on board! My mech was going to vac bleed it too.

Last edited:
It turns out there was a cracked rear disc - so I ordered 2 new high performance ones from euro 4x4 with over night delivery....one turned up....and the 2nd 2 days later!.....
.Just my luck.....Still hopefully tomorrow we can try it out

It turns out there was a cracked rear disc - so I ordered 2 new high performance ones from euro 4x4 with over night delivery....one turned up....and the 2nd 2 days later!.....
.Just my luck.....Still hopefully tomorrow we can try it out
Always good when you find the problem

Green stuff always used to be weight limited for small hatch backs. Looks like the newer 6000 series are intended for SUVs so it looks like that’s changed in the 10 years since I’ve used them. Still appallingly bad pads compared to the competition imho

Last edited:
Green stuff always used to be weight limited for small hatch backs. Looks like the newer 6000 series are intended for SUVs so it looks Lime that’s changed in the 10 years since I’ve used them. Still appallingly bad pads compared to the competition imho
Not being funny but how can you say that when you have not used them in the last 10 years

I had Green stuff EBC pads on the 90 and they worked well on that.
Sure they will be ok.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just got it Back stops much better now and brake peddle feed is good. New Intervolt charger thingy seems to be doing it's job, the hand brake even works.....better than it used to. Just got to find out why the reverse camera has stopped working...is there a switch on the gear stick, if so my guess it's moved while the central console was off stripping out and wiring in the new split charge display. Cheers for your help folks.

Er don’t use EBC green stuff awful pads and and not suited to cars as heavy as a Landcruiser.

And Morocco in Feb could well be cold and snowy if last years anything to go on. You’ll need thermals in the mountains!
We went up to Toubkal in April and it snowed at the top. One lady had hyperthermia!!

DF524D7E-20F6-461A-81FA-11243854922B.jpeg
39B3C6A3-A249-4622-9782-2D1080173891.jpeg

there will be snow in Feb, the question is how much. There was half a meter in mid October which is very early. Desert was down to freezing this morning! It snowed in the dunes at Erg Cheggaga earlier in the year as well.

Photos are both on one of the highest passes early November

Back