145.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0310-1.jpg
    IMG_0310-1.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 81
Not really my thing, but fantastic Pete it's made me smile, very nice :mrgreen:

Pete, very tidy work mate. Almost unrecognisable now as being a 90 SWB to be honest. Is it pretty much standard underneath in terms of suspension etc? I mean you haven't fitted a solid front axle have you?

One major question, and I really don't mean this to sound rude - but is it any good? It looks great, but in terms of showing the Rangies and Landies etc how to get it done, does it do the biz?

Chris

That's the sort of thing I've got in mind for my 80 when it gets too bad to be driven on-road :oops: . Well done Pete, it's a thing of beauty :cool:
Chas

WELL CRIS I HOPE ITS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN BEFORE. IT WAS REALY QUITE GOOD IF NOT I MIGHT LOOK AT SUSPENSION AND AXLES. ILL JUST GO TRY IT BREAK IT FIX IT. IM INTRESTED IN DIFFLOCK FOR FRONT AXLE HOW MANY ££££ INVOLVED CHEERS MATE

Well, I assume that you'd fit it yourself? The unit is about £650 for an RD90 ARB. You'd need air regulated to no more than about 100 psi. Dropping the front diff is a morning's work. But building up the diff is a good day in the shop I reckon. I got a daft deal out of Devon 4x4 (long story) but if you went there you would be looking at at least £1200 all in. (Yes, Tony, I know - sale of the century. Worth more than the whole car!)

How much further forward does a front locker get you on a 90? Hmm debatable. Spend the money on a really good winch.

Oh and Pete, could you do us a favour and type in lower case please. Odd thing, but caps is considered rude as it means 'SHOUTING'

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
one good winch asap sorry about the caps :oops: thanks for your help Cris :p :p

No probs Pete. Looking cool. Are you planning any sort of external (or internal) cage?

Chris

That looks a hoot :lol:

But I'm interested in the radiator . . .

I assume the rad in the back is the only rad ( :?: ) in which case there doesn't appear to be much scope for airflow.

I have a neighbour who is into all things LandRover and (amongst about six other things) he has a Comp Safari Racer - his rear-mounted rads are high up and sloped - with Kenlow fans blowing air up from below. Of course, he is using a 3.9L V8 and it gets 'the berries' so generates a lot of heat.

Does yours have a fan in behind, with some ducting from the cab ???

Just curious.

Bob.

BobMurphy said:
That looks a hoot :lol:

But I'm interested in the radiator . . .

I assume the rad in the back is the only rad ( :?: ) in which case there doesn't appear to be much scope for airflow.

I have a neighbour who is into all things LandRover and (amongst about six other things) he has a Comp Safari Racer - his rear-mounted rads are high up and sloped - with Kenlow fans blowing air up from below. Of course, he is using a 3.9L V8 and it gets 'the berries' so generates a lot of heat.

Does yours have a fan in behind, with some ducting from the cab ???

Just curious.

Bob.

Im guessing its got an electric fan as i can see the clips that go through the bottom half of the rad.

looks good :cool: i hope it does show the landy's up
As for a locking front diff do you reckon the front shafts are a weak point seeing what happened to lil blue.

Joe

I put the biggest kenlow fan i could get behind the rad its a two stage thermal control job. put it on the face side sucking first but was not happy so tried behind and found it was better and tidyer. the kenlow fan is spec for around 500horse power and the rad is off a ford cargo 7.5 ton truck,an alloy one i used cos a mate of mine who has done a good bit of racing/engine building told me it would help to to the tune of about 20%. its in my friends workshop today getting a new stainless steel exhaust and water pipes connecting the rad to the engine (no silencer and vertical pipe HAHA :lol: )

and as for a roll cage ive got a pile of tube and a bender at the ready for when i get to that stage.I cant decide whether to make it inside or outside of the cab :)

Watching with intrest Pete - looking mighty so far... :cool:

FWIW, I'd go external with the cage - balls out & all that jazz!!!

Keep us posted

Back