Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Something Jammed !

Steve Wright

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all

I wonder if any one has had this problem on there motor !

I don't use the Amazon very often, mainly use it for pulling the caravan or if we get snow, but have found when I have left the motor parked up for just a few days and then tried to reverse it out of the garage, it seems to lock up! in other words it won't move, I have to rock it forward and back and then it goes "bang" and something releases, and all is fine!

I first thought it was the rear shoes as that seems to be where the noise comes from, I have stripped the shoes down and thought the hold back springs were a bit weak so replaced them,but it still does it.

The wheels rotate fine when off the floor, so the handbrake is not rubbing !

I am now scratching my head now, so has any one had the same problem with either the 100 series or any other for that matter ?

Many thanks in advance

Steve

I know it is some time since I posted this, but it has done it again,so wondering if any one has come across this since then ?

Hoping

Last edited:
when you rock it back and forth, is that under power i.e. shifting between D & R, or do you mean you push it back and forth?

Very strange one this, I remember you mentioning it on tloc.

Jon Wildsmith said:
when you rock it back and forth, is that under power i.e. shifting between D & R, or do you mean you push it back and forth?

Very strange one this, I remember you mentioning it on tloc.

Hi Jon

Yes I have to rock it as such in D & R but as it is in the garage cannot actually go forward.

I did mention it on tloc, but I thought I had sorted it when I changed the hold back springs on the shoes.

I must admit I don't just select reverse and foot hard down the ground, but do gently, and then band and all is ok (till next time)

{Admin - thread tidied and spelling corrected ;) }

I'm struggling to think of something to suggest other than sticking brakes. I expect you've tried leaving it just in P without the hand brake on? If so, have you tried using the hand brake to stop when you put it in the garage rather than the foot brake in case it's the rear calipers sticking?

Jon Wildsmith said:
I'm struggling to think of something to suggest other than sticking brakes. I expect you've tried leaving it just in P without the hand brake on? If so, have you tried using the hand brake to stop when you put it in the garage rather than the foot brake in case it's the rear calipers sticking?

Hi Again

Yes I have tried leaving it in "P" but does not seem to make any difference, but I come into the garage very slowly to the extent I don't touch the brakes to stop it, but I do then put my foot on the brake while I select "P"

Its a shame I cannot turn off and remove the key other than in "P" although I might just leave in "N" and leave the key in to see if it some thing to do with the transmission !

Don't know if this is the same but we get a similar issue with our Subaru Impreza. The disk brakes seize after a couple of days in the damp and give an almighty thunk when you start up in the morning.

Sometimes you need to rock it back and forwards to get it moving at all.

Just a thought..

Cheers

Richard

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Richard Jackaman said:
Don't know if this is the same but we get a similar issue with our Subaru Impreza. The disk brakes seize after a couple of days in the damp and give an almighty thunk when you start up in the morning.

Sometimes you need to rock it back and forwards to get it moving at all.

Just a thought..

Cheers

Richard
Hi Richard, and thanks for the input

But As said the car is in a dry Garage so don't think the damp has any thing to do with it,
but the pads could be sticking, but the pistons and calipers are ok

So still a mystery !

Steve

Back