Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sourcing 'Genuine' Toyo parts - anyone know where?

HauptRenate

Hi'yall
I face three choices with l'Beast
1) I sell it in bits or as a complete unit
2) I declare it SORN forever
3) Do all the work myself with the guidance of proper 4x4 mechanics who know 'cruisers inside and out.

My decision is thus:

So, in order to start this mammoth work-in-progress, I'd like some information where I can source GENUINE Toyota parts; i.e. anyone know of a source where the parts are genuine UK/Europe/further afield?
I'm not willing to pay Toyota their prices because they are still insisting that I buy a complete new steering column (£1 K or more), even though all I have is a vibration that I feel through the steering column shaft, but where methinks the cause is probably an issue with wheel balancing/track rod.

Anyone out there who can help? I used to source stuff from ToyoAmerica or ToyoAustralia years ago, I'm quite happy to do this but obviously would prefer a UK/Europe source.

Since I am strapped for cash the obvious logical way forward (according to my trekkie heros) is to do it myself.

Cheers

Renate (who has been thinking long and hard about the future of l'Beast and me)

our very own Ian Rubie should be your first port of call for genuine toyota stuff. Plus Karl Wester or Stef for used parts.

HauptRenate said:
I'd like some information where I can source GENUINE Toyota parts; i.e. anyone know of a source where the parts are genuine UK/Europe/further afield?
For any genuine parts that aren't viable through Ian, give Parts-king on this forum, a go. He's a Toyota parts man who'll sort you out a good price, I've used his services for parts that were too bulky to get through Ian and he was very helpful with the parts and the prices.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks guys!

You've saved my bacon... I'll definitely contact Ian and Parts-king!

The prospect, you understand, of taking my own Beast to bits scares the pants right off me, and I'll need at least two changes of underwear, but yes, it has to be done if I am EVER to return to the Sahara.

Cheers!

Renate

Back