Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sourcing obsolete toyota spares

greengrass

Country Flag
england
I have a part number for a spare part which is no longer made by toyota.
Does anyone know if there is a way of checking to see if a dealer somewhere in the uk has one on their shelves gathering dust other than picking the phone up and calling them all one by one??

Not that I know of. I'm trying to source a new sounder for the TVSS alarm system on the LC. I was in a main dealer last week buying some other parts and enquired about the alarm and was told "no longer available" after they checked the part No. Apparently, any stock sat idle on dealers shelves, which lets face it, isn't going to be much these days, won't come up on a stock search by other dealers. It's just a case of ringing round I guess.

Thats what I feared, I was hoping the dealers could search a bit deeper than that.

I wonder if its worth a call to toyota gb??

toyota used to be able to check other dealers but stop doing last year

Maybe its worth placing an ad on ebay saying "wanted" somebody somewhere is bound to have it boxed up in the garage bought and unused ?

I have the same problem with HJ60 parts. Toyota seem completely unable to tell you what is in their warehouse, you just have to wait periodically for a part to suddently appear, but you have to know the part numbers which, as I would just like any bits that come up, is rather a pain!

I would say simon Holton at Steven Eagle Toyota has been an absolute star though. I suspect a lot depends on wether the individual you are speaking can be arsed to put the effort in and Simon has really worked hard to turn up some bits for me.

The other option is to look at Amayama. Some of the prices on there are pretty handy too!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Which steven eagle is he at??
I have one 10 mins up the road but they're not a helpful as a dealer that shut recently which was a 40 min drive but worth the extra effort to get there.

Back