Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spacers catch too little thread on studs,any way to change studs without removing the whole axle?

Boboc.theo

Country Flag
romania
So i bought 5cm hub centric spacers for my 70' series from 92',I have electronic power locking hubs and rotors on the front,and somehow my spacers dont really catch alot of thread on the studs,should I change my studs for longer ones or any other method you know,btw is there any way to change the studs without removing the whole axle?Thanks.

I have 50mm spacers on the rear and 40mm on the front of my 78. no issues with stud length at all. so may be worth changing spacers or the nuts that secure them?

I also ran similar on my 1993 KZJ70 without issue (6 stud semi float axles)

IMG_2434.jpeg

I have 50mm spacers on the rear and 40mm on the front of my 78. no issues with stud length at all. so may be worth changing spacers or the nuts that secure them?

I also ran similar on my 1993 KZJ70 without issue (6 stud semi float axles)

View attachment 333509
Mine are like half as yours threaded on the studs,the problem is only in the front,would you mind sending me a pic with the front axle ,maybe because i have electronic hub locks i have less room.for the spacers

Mine are like half as yours threaded on the studs,the problem is only in the front,would you mind sending me a pic with the front axle ,maybe because i have electronic hub locks i have less room.for the spacers
OK so if you bought hub centric spacers they will not fit your hubs. The internal diameter is less where they are hub centric. (There is a lip on the inside) You need to have them machined out so that they fit. I had this done to mine. Here is a pic pre machining. You can see the lip and how therefore they do not clear the hubs.
IMG_1914.jpeg

Back