Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spilt Milk

garygiles1963

HI

I manage to bust a 1/2 liter of milk carton in the back of the LC120. Of course it not smelling so great now :tongueclosed:. Any advice on a good carpet cleaner.

Thanks

Gary

Never tried it, but this stuff is supposed to work: Valetpro Enzyme Odour Eater.

I had that last month. Horrible stuff.

Tried to shampoo it out in the freezing cold but the milk seeps into every nook and cranny. Even tiny particles leave a vile stench.

In the end I took it to a detailer who stripped, cleaned, steamed and treated the whole boot area.

02E9117E-9723-4F90-AC6B-EF4DB35E5934.jpeg

The carpet took two or three days to fully dry out.

1261150B-CADE-4D80-97F8-5D473AB4FD2A.jpeg

Thanks guys, orderded Valetpro Enzyme Odour Eater. odd that the 1st review said

Great for getting rid of milk odour.
26 April 2018
Verified Purchase
I ordered this following a spillage of 2 pints of milk in the boot of the car. having already tried to remove the dreaded milk odour with carpet shampoo, disinfectant, bicarb of soda and another brand of Odour Eliminator the Valet Pro Enzyme Odour Eater was the last resort. I wish I'd used this first. It is absolutely brilliant. I used one bottle and did three applications. The smell had almost gone after the second treatment but was eradicated completely after the third. Very simple to use, just spray onto the affected area and leave to dry. I treated in the evening and left overnight in the car so it didn't dry out too quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again (but hopefully won't have too as I don't plan on spilling milk in the car again) and thoroughly recommend it for getting rid of the smell of sour milk from the car. Fantastic.

:)

I'll let you know how it goes.

G.

Too late for this one, but when it happened to me I removed the carpet and hit it with my jet-wash. It took ages to do, but the results were good. I had to squeeze the water out of the underlay several times to get the stuff out, but it worked.

What a stink, there’s nothing quite like the smell of 2 week old spilt milk on a hot summers day :puke-front:

if I known it was going to be so bad I would have had it valeted quicker. I guess I was lucky it was only around 350ml. I broke my golden rule, if it can leak, then bag it up. There you go. ahhhh

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like a good product with a genuine very helpful review.
Steam also kills anything that will cause a pong.

Back