Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spotlights

Lewis07

I'd like to add some spots to the front of my car. Want something quite meaty. Anyone done this and got some photos? I'm thinking CIBIE's or something similar.

If you want light output then KC Daylighters or Lightforce Striker 240s (be careful to seal the cable entry holes on the Lightforce if you mount them inverted) are pretty much the dogs dangles if price isnt too much of an issue. On a budget the Hella 3000 series are decent as are the big Wipacs.

7 inch HID, either 35 watt, or total white out, and go for 55 watt.
The only colour I would opt for a colour output of between 4,500k and no more than 6,000k
4,500k is delivers more lumen (light output) than 6,000k, however 6,000 gives a perceived more lumen output with it being more whiter light.
They are the same bulb incidentally, just the bulb is allowed to eat more watts, via whichever restrictive ballast you fit, ie, 35 watt or 55 watt.
Lamps driven via a 55 watt ballast, don't live as long as lamps driven via a 35 watt ballast.
Typically, 50% longer life with the 35 watt ballast.
I genuinely feel 35 watt HID is the way forward on a 7 inch reflector.

Gra.

Just fitted these babies :lol: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357140212.862791.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357140236.260141.jpg

Very chuffed - LightForce Striker 170s

they will look nice on the 80-series Gary :whistle:

where did you get them from?

My favourite shopping centre - eBay. There's a few - these came in £30 or so less than anyone else. Just waiting for an OEM switch to arrive from Mr Wildsmith to finish setting them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They do look nice. How bright are they? Are they just full beam spots?

They run 100watt bulbs, so *very* bright. I decided not to go with HID because of the warm-up time, although I could upgrade these with the LightForce HID kit, I believe.

The lights come with clear lens covers which alos allow focus adjustments using other filters / covers. Currently I have 2 pencil-beam lights. My filters (crystal blue) have just arrived :lol: so I'll have one pencil beam for driver's side and a 'combo beam' for passenger side, giving a pencil beam and extended flood capability for the verge etc.

As soon as I get that all sorted I'll stick some pics up.

Cheers

I've got lightforce 170's on mine: because they were the only spots light enough in weight to mount directly to the OE bumper. I've got blue combo filter in too.

Great lights. I've got aftermarket HID's in the headlamps too.

IMG_7068.jpg

Last edited:
Back