Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Standard Leaf Spring Supplier? Ideally UK based

simon 45

Hello All,

I need a set of standard springs for my fj45. So FJ / BJ / HJ 45 47 etc would do. And / or a pair of FJ / BJ 40 fronts would work as a starting point.

Until recently local motor factors could get them but seems their supplier (Lesjofors) has run out of stock / end of production.

Any ideas where to get them from before I start searching europe / investigate getting them made!

(I see Milner have some springs (45 / 47 not listed) , anyone source 40 series items from them?).

cheers
Simon

Hi Simon is the fj45 coming on ok
tonytoyota P.s good look with it.

40 and 45 springs are not the same as far as I am aware. If I remember back to when I had my 45 I think the fronts were longer andthe centre bolt was in a different place. The rears were totally different. Tonytoyota should be your man for advice as he has both. It would probably be best to have your local spring manufacturer to make some to pattern with your spec for lift etc.

Andy

Hello Folks, Thanks for your replies.
Tony, the project is finally restarting after 3 months of nothing whilst we had our first child, Will. His arrival disrupted work in the garage to say the least!
Andy, the rears are longer than the fronts. The fronts are same as a 40. The rears are longer. All the lengths are on http://www.vintageoffroad.com/nav.cfm?id=38. BTW I could still do with that clutch fork we talked about!
CWC, thanks for that, they look like a credible company, do you know anyone who has used them / have you?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A local tractor mechanic close to me uses them quite a lot, only thing is lead time can be quite a while, but must be worth a call

Hi Simon No order is to dig or small I ring them up and they side no
To one off so good look with it tonytoyota .

Hi Simon 40 and 45 leaf spring 40's or 560 to the centre and 500 front and Rear or 500 to 570
45's R 560 to the centre and 500 front and Rear R 645 to 620
Hope it helps let's have pic of the 45 keep up the good job with the 45 .

Hi Tony, Thanks for taking the time to post that info. I've decided to mock it up on the original springs and see how it looks / whether springs look too flat etc. Then take it from there if I need replacements. No new photos as nothing has happened since last posts. Slooooo burning project.

Roy Owen Springs in Rotherham Will make anything to pattern or modify/ recon your old ones.
I have used them a few times over the years, they made 2 top leaves for my 45 rears.

Andy

hi there

I have a FJ45 rolling chassis and can do you second hand springs from stock, if you want new I can also get these, i either have it or can get just about anything for 40s and always have vehicles for sale to

Giles

Back