Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering/handling issues

If your MOT tester thinks it's the rack is he guessing or can he see a problem with it?

Anything loose at the back can severely affect handling, hence the dreaded rear wheel puncture.

I would still recommend a very good check in the steering rack mounting bushes, from memory they are hard to see as they are behind the engine bash plate.
If they are the originals I am nearly sure there will be some movment, I have not heard many steering rack problems.

Thanks for the advice.

Actually I have got a slow fluid leak from the front offside - drops of fluid on the drive - so that may be something to do with the issue too.

I am going to take it in to have the steering rack looked at - bushes, seals etc.

Did you ever get this corrected. My 2003 is doing the exact same thing. Started around 125k and not better at 150k. I have replaced ball joints, rack and pinion mount bushings, and upper ontrol arms, still same behavior from the car. I am getting ready to install a 2.5" OME kit and want to get this fixed before I go with the lift.

Back