Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stolen 80 series.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
This was nicked from a mate of mine in the early hours of this morning.
IMG-20220215-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Dodgy paint on bonnet makes it a target for joy riders so lets hope its found nearby with little more than a broken window .

He bought it this year as a running project. Done a lot of baselining and the bodywork was next.
Under 200000 miles with an excellent interior.

Hope the 80 isn't going the way of Land rovers.
Stolen for parts/export.

Yeah i know its value but joyriders dont , and its a twisted truth that those who grow up in poverty inherently believe police will only act for wealthy people who don't own old cars .

With that in mind where would a kid take it locally for some impromptu off road thrashing ?

Where do they take their illegal dirt bikes ?

Last edited:
To export you need the log book and last mot, but when it comes to containers and then filled with clothes etc they get through customs.

But with the way the country has been deregulated I'm not sure there is such a thing as custom checks?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I posted I didn't have time to mention,

When I arranged to buy the 78 series rear axle and the 200 parts, I met the guy at a mini industrial area unit just out of the emission zone in Birmingham. And the place was a container filling export place. I was early and was quite surprised by what was being loaded in. I was in my 81 and did pay the emission zone fine Lol.

I was blocking the car parking for the units and had to move to let a car out from the opposite unit and the driver said that they load all kinds and seen 4x4's loaded then all the boxes, clothes, washing machines etc etc.. It was an interesting insight!

Looks like your boys had the right vehicle for the job.

Screenshot_20221214-185216-211.png

Back